i want to run like rocky!

Soldato
recently joined a gym and have been hitting the treadmills with my ipod... sadly at one point i was running to the backstreet boys - i want it that way :rolleyes:

can anyone suggest some decent running music that will help me get pumped up!!!!! :)

i thought that rocky original soundtrack might be a good place to start.

Soldato
I used to listen to death metal to get me in the mood when I was in the wrestling team, it sorta worked :p

Soldato
ROFL at the backstreet boys. :D

What kind of music do you predominantly listen to, you want the fastest gruntiest masculine version of that.

i.e Dance/Electronica = rrrrrapid Drum and Bass with extra slices of bass.

If its the backstreet boys you are stuck though. ;)

YMCA.... do do doood doo dooooo!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Eh? I honestly think that 'feel good / pop / cheese' is the ultimate workout soundtrack. Just any thing that puts a smile on your face, so you feel more possitive about getting fit.

Any excuse to get baywatch rolling really.

Soldato
Anything with a fast tempo really, or alternatively songs that you REALLY like. Nothing better than feeling exhausted and then a wicked tune popping up. :)

There was also a great article in men's fitness (or health) about this very subject with different songs for different times in the workout.

Bloc Party - Helicopter is a good one.

Associate
Workout music? Nothing beats mid-90s metal!

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Machine Head - Burn my eyes
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
Rage Against the Machine

Also, a good drum & bass mix would be recommended, although you might find yourself changing your performance as the mix builds up or breaks down :)

Associate
when you're more out of breath than you've ever been, and you've run further and faster than you thought possible, when you really believe there is nothing left in the tank, put on the theme to the great escape.

The adrenalin and passion start to course through the vains . . . tiredness wanes . . . and the speed and the strentgh come back to those weary legs. Running becomes a desire, and the ease with which it happens is unimaginable.

You can run for England . . .

Back
Top Bottom