1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I would like a smaller LIGHTER case...

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Guru, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Guru

Soldato

2. ExoMale

Mobster

3. Armageus

Don

4. Kurgen

Wise Guy

5. ExoMale

Mobster

wow i did not expect to see atx cases of that size in a tower like form, that linked one is certainly nice

350*188*380mm this is my case size and m-atx, so these 2 cases are impressive..

just another thought on the subject, i dont know how your Lan parties etc go and how much demand you need, but have you thought of maybe making a smaller form factor computer to use just for such events?

6. Quartz

Soldato

How much are you willing to spend? Are you willing to get an ITX motherboard? Are you willing to drop overclocking?

At one point many years ago I too got fed up with lugging a huge PC around so got myself a Shuttle XPC. These days I'd get myself a Dan A4 or Bitfenix Prodigy ITX depending upon budget. I haven't been to a LAN do in nearly a decade, though.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £296.68 (includes shipping: £11.70)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Bitfenix case has the advantage of handles which make it easier to move; the Dan A4 is, of course, incredibly small.

You might be better off buying a small suitcase and lining it with foam. Then, when you want to go to a LAN meet you put the PC in the suitcase and carry it that way.

7. Guru

Soldato

I built a little trolley for the case so I can drag it about lol

But I have arthritis and my wrists are sore so I'd like something lighter.

I'd be up for changing motherboard and dropping overclocking if I could still fit my 1080ti in there :) But I'd have no idea what mobo to get.

8. UnworthyBean

Wise Guy

I realise this is originally a 2 month old thread but thought I'd add this.

I wouldn't be comfortable using them as actual handles if you've got anything semi heavy in there as they don't really have any actual strength in them.

9. Quartz

Soldato

I saw them being used as handles at Goodwood. But yes, if you've got a lot of stuff inside then why take the risk?

10. Guru

Soldato

I really like both of those!

I don’t like the fact that you can see through both sides of the Thetis because you’ll see all the wires. The other problem I have is I use a 240mm rad and I’m not sure it will fit in either with an ATX board.

11. Guru

Soldato

ah maaan looks like my GPU is 30CM and this case only fits 28cm :(

12. mikedigitales

Hitman

Nzxt S340 might be a good cheapish option

13. drakulton

Gangster

Or a corsair spec 03. 2 x 140mm fans in the front, good airflow and room for your card as well. About 50 squids.

14. Guru

Soldato

Honestly.... that's not to my tastes at all... I want something sleek and clean looking tbh

Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

15. drakulton

Gangster

Yeah, it looks like ****, but it does the job, there's a lot of plastic which makes it only 5kg.

16. Simon Belmont

Mobster

I want to go small as well. I'm thinking about going itx SFF. I don't need a huge case anymore. A smaller footprint would be better for me.

I'm liking the Raijintek Ophion Evo. Don't know what the noise would be like in that case?

17. ruler545

Associate

Just get the Thermaltake core v21 without a second thought if your goal is to move your pc here and there - Its great, has a very small footprint and has excellent space for all of your high end hardware needs, airflow is also great if you toss in a 200m good quality fan. STILL if it doesn't ring your bells then explore more or check here - https://appuals.com/best-micro-atx-cases-for-custom-pc-builds/ this is the only comparison I could find that is latest and has the best options for 2019 march.

18. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

[​IMG]

282mm card and 140mm PSU

more expensive but just as small - aluminium and glass as well

[​IMG]