I20 1.0 Turbo - Remap time :)

Soldato
The newer revision of the ECU has finally been unlocked and I got the following done:

ngjfueg.jpg

Made a very noticeable difference in day to day driving :)

Soldato
Is that bizarre spike at 2600rpm noticeable day to day? I would have thought a remap would tone that down more

Soldato
OP
As a percentage it has a bit, I believe it's due to the smaller integrated turbo. It's not got in the way of my driving but I've not driven a bigger turbo car to compare.

Soldato
OP
The 120ps factory version of the car has a 6 speed gearbox, I have been wondering about putting that in. Anyone got any ideas if that's a silly idea?

Associate
Surely with the labour and cost of the gearbox itself it's just worth selling your car and getting the other one? If it's a decent remap company they should just give your money back and take the map off if you say you're not happy with it.

Even if it does cost extra to get into the 120hp car the residual value should be stronger, whereas yours will just be a modified car.

Soldato
OP
The 120ps is significantly more expensive due to mine being a special edition so I would need to get the premium Nav which was the cheapest option with the same sort of equipment. It's going to cost about £3000 to step up.

Associate
Always worth remapping a Turbo car :) good results for a 1.0! Did you de-cat before the map? You will catch the modified car bug very soon ;)

That graph is bizarre, same as mine on the old turbo with all the spikes etc. Dyno Dynamics put out some strange readings, people think that the car would be boosting all over the place but in reality it's smooth.

This was my map on Dyno Dynamics when running stock hybrid turbo + HKS actuator and it's all over the place on boost. Couldn't feel a thing when driving tho. This was on an E-Manage ultimate piggyback ECU.

Qm2pVBgl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No, the only other significant thing I have done is move from the 195/55/r16 to 205/45/r17 tyres only found on the higher up 3 door models.

Associate
here were the results of my car with a map :)
Golf GTD started with stock 184 and after installing the tuning box 238 :)
20664490_10155040054655756_2518211612322816584_n.jpg

Soldato
here were the results of my car with a map :)
Golf GTD started with stock 184 and after installing the tuning box 238 :)
Yes but do you realise all the added stress putting another 50bhp and a load of torque onto a run of the mill diesel adds? From gearbox, clutch, Turbo etc you vastly shorten the life of them. I also think the mapping company may have slightly exaggerated the numbers I don’t think a standalone remap without supporting mods like intercooler etc would add 54bhp.

Associate
Yes but do you realise all the added stress putting another 50bhp and a load of torque onto a run of the mill diesel adds? From gearbox, clutch, Turbo etc you vastly shorten the life of them. I also think the mapping company may have slightly exaggerated the numbers I don’t think a standalone remap without supporting mods like intercooler etc would add 54bhp.

I had the rolling road test done at an independent garage, so they are my cars figures.
Yes I understand the extra stresses.

What's the correction factor on these results which are all showing what looks like whp corrected to look like crank power? Do they give you this and why not ask for results that show real whp since only a comparison really makes sense?

I cant remember sorry, however i believe at the wheels was around 202hp

Back
Top Bottom