i225-v interface shuts down on (re)boot

Soldato
Not sure if this belongs in here or motherboards but this seems more specific.

Got a weird issue with the i225-v interface on a new Z490 board.

Works fine until I reboot. At the moment the reboot happens, the interface shuts down completely (all link/activity lights gone) and then doesn't come back!

Windows proceeds to boot up but there's no network. The adapter says the cable is unplugged but it's obviously not. Disabling/enabling the adapter kicks it back into life.

Never seen anything like it - anyone got any ideas?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Have you tried distabling fast boot?

Also doesn't the Intel i225-v have issues at the moment, as I have seen from a few sites.

Soldato
OP
You could try enabling Wake On Lan in the BIOS to keep the interface "active" whilst the system is powered off and see if that helps?

I'll give it a try

Have you tried distabling fast boot?

Will try that too

Also doesn't the Intel i225-v have issues at the moment, as I have seen from a few sites.

Yeah but that's something else, 2.5g functionality with certain switches. Makes it almost impossible to Google for this issue though as that one is all that comes up.

Associate
Same thing is happening to me! Happening with my brand new Asus Z490-G mainboard. I found this thread via a google search, so maybe the lack of results is just because these boards are so new... I noticed it with the Asus drivers, I tried the Intel ones but same thing. Will try the above and report back.

Associate
No dice - tried both turning "Enable PCI-E Wake" (or whatever it's called) on, and turning Fast Boot off - neither resolves the problem. Note that if you do a full shutdown of windows and then push the power button to turn the system back on, everything is fine. Until they fix this (hopefully with a driver update...) that's what I'll do when installers etc require a reboot.

Soldato
OP
Forgot about this thread. As posted in the motherboard thread, the problem/solution has been found.

The problem is the latest Intel driver, as obtained directly from their site or from most of the motherboard vendors' sites. The solution is to use an older driver.

If you uninstall the NIC in device manager and opt to remove the driver, then reboot and let it retrieve the driver from Windows Update (you'll obviously need another means of Internet connectivity to do so), then it should retrieve driver version 1.0.0.13 dated 23rd Feb which doesn't have this problem.

Hopefully Intel will released an updated driver which solves this problem at some point.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Ahh good old Intel drivers, its why I normally keep a few backup drivers on the NAS just encase.

Back
Top Bottom