i5 2500k getting only 60 GFlops (4.50Ghz)

Associate
I have been having a few issues with my computer to which thought I had fixed.

I just now went to check my CPU stability with Intel Burn Test and am now getting terrible results compared to what I previously got.

Where I would previously get these results:
rmlLsh.png.jpg
I am now getting double the time and only 63 GFlops.

Any idea what is causing this. Kinda got me worried now :/

Thanks for any help!

Associate
OP
Ow and I've also tried the optimised defaults in the BIOS and I get a even worse 49 GLops. Wasn't like this before and I haven't don't anything with the internals :(

Caporegime
I had the same issue until I upped the volts may not be yours though, it maybe causing little freeze ups which are hard to notice with those flames thus the speed drops out.

What are your current volts in bios?

Associate
OP
1.330 which had worked perfect before I formatted my HDD which was because of the BSOD's I was getting.

Found some information on another site about installing SP1 which is the only update I have ignored up until now as I was only testing stuff. Going to install it now and see what happens.

Will try a bump of the VCore if it still fails

Also thanks for the reply Neil. I must be a pain in the ass with all these bloody problems xD, just want my machine to work fine for once :(

Associate
OP
SP1 gives AVX support so that's the problem right there

Yep it was the problem. Safe to say panic attack over I thourght I had input a bios setting wrong a wrecked the CPU but right after the service pack install I'm getting the same results as before.

Thanks for the feedback guys :D

Soldato
Hi, l notice your using easytune6 are you using it to control your fan speed on your cpu? If you are it seems strange that on the blue fan speed its set at 90% at 20'C and the yellow fan speed set at 100% at 30'C.

I'm using easytune6, the blue is your idle speed and mine is set at about 22% at about 34'C and the yellow is your load mine is set at 100% at about 60'c, just thought l'd mention it.

Glad you have solved your problem.

Associate
OP
Hi, l notice your using easytune6 are you using it to control your fan speed on your cpu? If you are it seems strange that on the blue fan speed its set at 90% at 20'C and the yellow fan speed set at 100% at 30'C.

I'm using easytune6, the blue is your idle speed and mine is set at about 22% at about 34'C and the yellow is your load mine is set at 100% at about 60'c, just thought l'd mention it.

Glad you have solved your problem.

What I normally do before a burn test is ramp up the fan speed. That way they are going at full speed before the CPU gets to said temp to bump them up. I put the settings back to normal when finished ;)

Back
Top Bottom