i5 3570k and gigabyte z77x-d3h

Associate
1 x Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard £112.99
1 x Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W) - Retail £184.99

so i bought them two but i decided ill try to use heatsink provided by intel :)]
and now is the problem!!
I runed pc and didnt noticed that cpu fan/sink didnt started I instaled my windows my motherboard and nvidia drivers and i restarted my pc . than I runned bios and I noticed that cpu fan speed is zero and cpu temp 96*C .I started moving cables on heat sink and the fan started( bended cable) and now question is did i did any dmg to my cpu ? now on that intel heat sink it runs around 40-50'C (bios) ofcourse ill replace heat sink today(order it today) but THE QUESTION IS:) -----> did I done any damage to my CPU already?

Associate
OP
So it will be ither dameged or fine there is nothing like partly damaged? Ps regarding heat sinks i spend over 1000 on my build and now im really short on money so will them cheap 20£ heatsinks do the job and be quiet or i have to get one of them 35£ +?

Soldato
I've been using the Intel heatsink with my 3570k on that board since July. Temps vary from 30 - 50c depending on what I am doing.

It's perfectly normal for standard use but if you want to OC or change appearance of cooling then buying aftermarket is best, not sure £20 h/s will be any better than what you have though. I'd save up and get something a little better in a few weeks maybe

Soldato
I hardly notice mine, but I know it is still the noisiest part of my rig.

Just waiting for the money to buy an aftermarket one myself, however I have RipJaws memory so need the high profile h/s such as the Prolimatech

Associate
OP
GUYS!!! mistery solved the orginal cpu power cable around heat sink is too short :D so the fan wing was banging on power cable leaded around the fan i took it off made it loose and nosie disapeared and temperature fallen from 46 down to 39-41 ^^

Back
Top Bottom