• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5-3570K vs FX-8350

Soldato
Topic, which is better? I really want to jump to Intel, but the Piledriver would only cost me £140 and will slot right in my machine, rather than £260 for the i5 + mobo.

Games are usually much better optimized for an Intel over AMD, so that's another plus, and the i5 is tried and tested, whereas the 8350 is new blood.

Thoughts? I'm going to upgrade this weekend and want some opinions. :)

Caporegime
For gaming, the i5 3570k is better, there's no arguing, the facts are on the wall.
Is it better to the extent of spending that much money? Well, I wouldn't say it's 260, more like 200 if you don't mind getting a B-grade Z68 board with the 3570k, you'll also get PCI-E 3.0 so you'll be future proof in that regard.

Overall difference is about in the 60 quid region.

With your current GPU, it's not going to make a massive difference regardless, so even the FX8320 OC'ed could be a more cost effective option.

Back
Top Bottom