• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 750 @ 4 GHz Any tips ?

Soldato
No, it's ok actually. Load Line causes the vdroop, you can turn LLC on to counter it. And yes, you should definitely set the voltages manually. Start from 1.3V on vcore and 1.21V for VTT. When you get it stable, try reducing the VTT till you make it unstable. Note that IBT isn't the ultimate tool for testing stability. You will also need 8h of prime95 to make sure it is stable over the longer period of time. Set your memory voltage to 1.65/1.64V too.

Associate
No, it's ok actually. Load Line causes the vdroop, you can turn LLC on to counter it. And yes, you should definitely set the voltages manually. Start from 1.3V on vcore and 1.21V for VTT. When you get it stable, try reducing the VTT till you make it unstable. Note that IBT isn't the ultimate tool for testing stability. You will also need 8h of prime95 to make sure it is stable over the longer period of time. Set your memory voltage to 1.65/1.64V too.

Nice one.
Seems stable with the following

Vcore 1.23
VTT 1.12
LLC L1
RAM 1.64

I've got EIST enabled which I assume is speed step but the multiplier is always on 20 even when idle.
Is this normal/is there something I've missed?

ETA - max temp now down to 51 from 65 which is a result!

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice one.
Seems stable with the following

Vcore 1.23
VTT 1.12
LLC L1
RAM 1.64

I've got EIST enabled which I assume is speed step but the multiplier is always on 20 even when idle.
Is this normal/is there something I've missed?

ETA - max temp now down to 51 from 65 which is a result!

You have to turn C-states on to benefit from Speedstep below 20x multi.

Nice overclock you got there btw. Have you done 8hrs of prime95 blend testing and 20 loops of max stress IBT yet?

Associate
You have to turn C-states on to benefit from Speedstep below 20x multi.

Nice overclock you got there btw. Have you done 8hrs of prime95 blend testing and 20 loops of max stress IBT yet?

OK cheers, I'll look into that tomorrow.

20 runs of IBT at a custom 3Gb of RAM.
Have been running the Prime95 test (Blend) for the last hour or so and intend to leave it on overnight.....is that sensible?!

Associate
I just thought I'd post a pic in here from my current setup even though it has nothing to do with a 4GHz overclock, im just showing off my low vcore :). *specs in sig*

1234567890.png

Currently running:

Vcore - 1v
IMC - 1.1v
RAM - 1.6v
LLC - on

30 runs of IBT and Prime95 Blend at the same time is totally stable. The reason for 2731MHz and not 2666MHz is because to run my ram at 1600MHz bclk has to be increased and multi lowered.

Last edited:
Associate
13 hours of Prim95 running Blend test, max temp of 49 and no problems so I'm guessing that's pretty stable.

Haven't tested the GPU so was thinking of running CineBench later.

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom