• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I7 3770k Dinosaur upgrade to Amd darkside.

Soldato
OP
Associate
as low as 150 i think... still pretty good cpu..
just looking at cpu prices 12400f would probably be a better choice.. but cheap b450 mobo and 3700x cannot be beaten price wise.

Soldato
OP
so i got round to putting it all together and its all running well, havnt oc or tinkered or anything .....windows 11 straight on it.....

anytips for a app to overlock to run with in windows.....i prefer this...

oh and absolutely no different in real world from the previous setup........i think a lot these days is on gfx card........cant upgrade atm as my card is worth more now than when i bought it a few a years ago lol!

Soldato
OP
just run the Asus Ai suite and only got a 18% increase!!!! on my old system I was getting over 1ghz o c per core.

i don't get how they rate these cpus is that good or bad?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
so just wanted to say after a few months use, in the real world nothing is faster in fact the cpu overheats a lot easier than the intel one i had.,.......

kinda wish i hadnt wasted the money and just got a new gfx card for the money

Soldato
so just wanted to say after a few months use, in the real world nothing is faster in fact the cpu overheats a lot easier than the intel one i had.,.......

As the CPU dies get shrunk down ever more it means the heat is concentrated in a smaller area. The new upcoming 7600X is rumoured to hit 90c even with a 360 aio.

Soldato

I upgraded my intel [email protected] duo core cpu too soon, to a i5 [email protected] and it felt like I had thrown my money in the bin, as there wasn't any noticeable difference in gaming performance at all.

To be honest going from the 2500k to my current i7 [email protected], theres not much of difference in that gaming wise, but I knew I wasnt going to get much of a boost with a r9 290 gfx card anyway as the card was bottlenecking my 2500k cpu and my current 5800xt card is faster but not a hell of a lot faster than the 290 card and doesn't really push the cpu at all. But Im not much of a gamer anymore, so I can see myself keeping the 8086 cpu for a good few years yet and if I upgrade anything it will be the gfx card first.

Soldato

Wasn't expecting you to say that as you jumped quite a few generations. I use my PC gaming and I'm considering an upgrade to am5 when it releases. Might have to look at perhaps getting a GPU upgrade instead as my 6700k ain't a big jump compared to yours and you say it ain't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom