• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7-6950X Extreme 10 Core or Xeon Processor E5-2699 18 Core

Soldato
Intel Core i7-6950X S2011-V3 3.00GHz 10 Core 25MB Cache CPU
or
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2699 v3 18 Cores 45M Cache 2.30Ghz

So I have Xeon 18 Core CPU in my rig and manly use it for Adobe Premiere Pro video editing but nothing crazy (little bit of 4k stuff now and again)

Running it with 32GB Ram and a Nvidia 1070. I do play games from time to time and thinking of maybe swapping it out for 6950x which still might suit my needs better as it has a higher core speed and can be overclocked which will be better for games.

The Xeon is a beast though and later this year will be heading of to Uni to studio film and media so will be be doing a lot more video editing.

If I swap to the 6950x and sell the Xeon I might have some cash in my pocket to upgrade the 1070 to a 1080/Titan :)

Which would you keep :)

Associate
I might be remembering wrong. But I think LinusTech did a video about this last year. I think they came to the conclusion that the higher core speed was a big benefit even in multi threaded stuff

Associate
This is the one.

Seems to suggest that depending on the specific workload and if you're leaning on the gpu for encoding the higher clock speed can have a greater effect than the core count

Back
Top Bottom