IBM eServer Series X 206 - useful anymore?

Associate
I have a pair of old IBM eServer Series X 206 servers, identical specs, Pentium4 @ 3Ghz, 1 GB RAM and each with a pair of 150GB IDE hard drives. Do people still have a use for things this old stuff or should I just take them up the dump?

Soldato
they can be good for still using on old games etc. id not dump it if it still works, put it up on gumtree or facebook or members market and someone may collect it.

Associate
OP
I'll check the form factor but they'll get the case to ;) Heavy things they are. Forgot about Members Market, probably try their first.

Thanks

Caporegime
The problem with old servers is that they are power hungry and noisy. Any software that needs/can take advantage of multiple CPUs will run on newer and more efficient hardware, anything that only needs a single CPU will run just as well on a smaller, quieter desktop machine.

Outside of owning for the curiosity or collection, I don’t think there will be much demand. If the CPUs are top end stuff then they’ll be worth more on their own than the servers as a whole most likely.

Soldato
from this listing they look to be standard ATX mobo and PSU, doesnt seem to be anything non standard like a dell or HP. would make a good retro PC, or the case would make a good sleeper PC project

Back
Top Bottom