ICC ODI World Cup 2011

Soldato
Everyone is going crazy in london, roads are blocked off with indian fans dancing on the streets with music blasting, dhols playing, people dancing on top of their cars, fireworks going off. Today is going to go down in history and I will not be forgetting this day ever!

Caporegime
Well played India.

Yep thats about all i can manage to say lol...but no seriously well played guys...you were the best team in the WC so definitely deserved to win it.

Feel sorry for the SL's:(...2nd time running and they again fail to win the WC trophy...was so so desperate for them to win as i like the way they play and their players are a decent bunch of lads.

Looks like the rumours of the 50 ODI format on the wane are incorrect...definitely enjoyed this WC moreso than the last one which was a complete and utter farce right down to the final being played in semi darkness:p.

But like i said well played India and congrats...

Psycho Sonny said:
take it Spawn and co have done the disappearing act?

Chak De India - Yuvraj representin'

Nope not at all...i didnt even bother watching the game...thats how uninterested i was...i only caught the score when i checked the cricinfo app on my iphone last night...otherwise it was just another game that meant nothing to me in the grand scheme of things.

Chak de India...WTF is that rubbish all about??:p

On another note, was happy to see Afridi end up as joint top wicket taker...bit sad that he didnt end up with it himself but have to say Zaheer Khan bowled really well in the WC.

Last edited:
Soldato
otherwise it was just another game that meant nothing to me in the grand scheme of things.

Bit upset are we? :p

I thought it was a great game of cricket for the neutral fan, perhaps the Indian innings was a tad bit boring but was still a good match for a world cup final IMO.

Caporegime
Bit upset are we? :p

I thought it was a great game of cricket for the neutral fan, perhaps the Indian innings was a tad bit boring but was still a good match for a world cup final IMO.

Hardly lol...as much as i wanted the SL's to win it....it wasnt really a game i was going to watch as i had a pretty busy day yesterday...

Reading cricinfo and the reports...it does seem like it was a pretty decent final....like i said India were the better team in the WC so of course they deserved to win it.

Back
Top Bottom