ID this leaking hose

Soldato
Nobody likes a leaky hose, especially not on a 4hr drive to Devon in 30+ degree heat!

This hose split a couple of hours ago. Coolant was spraying out through a tiny pinhole as you can see in the photo. Fortunately we had just past a town so I was able to grab some coolant and gorilla tape to bodge a repair and hopefully make it to our destination.

I'll try and and find a local garage to get it repaired, but it would probably helpful if I knew what the part was called before phoning around. Anything more specific than a coolant hose? And is likely to be a quick job (assuming they have the part(s)) ?

It's a 2012 Ford focus 1.0l eco boost.

IMG-20220813-120624-2.jpg

Soldato
OP
I believe that issue was subject to a recall?
I'm fairly sure we did take it in for a recall a few years ago. Don't have the paperwork to hand to check it was for the degas though.

Managed to get it in to Ford's for a replacement this morning and have done just shy of 2 hours on it today with no issues, so fingers crossed it's okay and hasn't done any long term damage.

Thanks for the tip on the name @andy_mk3. They were able to check stock and confirm it was a quick job over the phone, otherwise I doubt they'd have seen me at short notice.

Back
Top Bottom