Identify the clutch

Soldato
Here's a fun game: :p

This clutch came with a new engine i'm having fitted.

The guy I bought it off said it was a "4-paddle clutch", (i.e. stage 3??)

So that's overkill I thought, and bought a stage 1 clutch, which is now fitted.

So i'm looking to sell this "stage 3" clutch. Except I have no idea one end of a clutch to the other, what bit's what, or how to identify the blinking thing.

I have 2 bits, pics below.

The only writing I can anywhere is:

"SACHS" "TYPM240" on the outside of the big circular thing.
"227" "200" "SAX" "10" "99" on segments of the inside of the big circular thing.
"Miba T1" on each of the 8 stud things, in the thing that looks like a diamond.

Googling anything doesn't seem to help - "TYPM240" the most useful looking marking, seems to be a generic pressureplate stamp? What IS a pressure plate? lol

ANY help appreciated! Thanks.

(click pics for bigger)

Soldato
The other bit is the friction plate. Typically a full clutch kit includes the two parts in your pictures and a clutch release bearing.

Just advertise it as a new sintered paddle clutch and pressure plate for whatever engine it fits.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never done a clutch before ! so I'm not sure sorry,

If you've got the details of the car / engine I might be able to identify the clutch ;)

Soldato
OP
Its for a Mondeo, V6 2.5L. Fits basically any year AFAIK.

Thanks Dogbreath - presumiably i'd get a lot more if i could correctly identify it as a stage X made by whoever... ? What does sintered mean?

The plate contains absolutely no markings whatsoever, apart from this "Miba T1" on the studs. I dont get this, how can a manufacturer make a part with no part number ????? :confused:

Soldato
The plate contains absolutely no markings whatsoever, apart from this "Miba T1" on the studs. I dont get this, how can a manufacturer make a part with no part number ????? :confused:
A large majority of clutches/brake parts and steering gear dont come with part numbers on.
The mondeo has a hydraulic clutch so you dont have a standard clutch release bearing. You have an concentric slave cylinder, which is basically a hydraulic release bearing.

Soldato
right, sorry but I know naff all about your engine, and their seems to be quite a few different 2.5 Ltr ones ;)

http://webcat.zf-trading.com/index.asp?LKZ=D&PKW=1&SPR=4&EINSPNR=32,14,1632,1614

you've got two PDF documents on there, one for standard clutches and another for performance clutches, luckily you can search them :)

But I've tried this and none of the mondeo stuff seems to match up with your numbers :(

EDIT - You need to click on " PDF Catalogues " on the right where it says " More Media Catalogues " :)

Soldato
OP
right, sorry but I know naff all about your engine, and their seems to be quite a few different 2.5 Ltr ones ;)

http://webcat.zf-trading.com/index.asp?LKZ=D&PKW=1&SPR=4&EINSPNR=32,14,1632,1614

you've got two PDF documents on there, one for standard clutches and another for performance clutches, luckily you can search them :)

But I've tried this and none of the mondeo stuff seems to match up with your numbers :(

EDIT - You need to click on " PDF Catalogues " on the right where it says " More Media Catalogues " :)

Thanks mate - nothing is matching. I have no reason now to believe this is a sachs clutch.
I've perused catalogues for all major clutch manufacturers I can find, and none picture a clutch that looks like this one - i.e. a 4paddle one.
:( arrg!

Soldato
Thanks mate - nothing is matching. I have no reason now to believe this is a sachs clutch.
I've perused catalogues for all major clutch manufacturers I can find, and none picture a clutch that looks like this one - i.e. a 4paddle one.
:( arrg!

New idea, email the pics to Sachs ?

I'm sure they will be more than happy to help :)

Soldato
How hard would having one of these in be to live with as a daily driver? I have a standard ford oem clutch atm and it slips a tiny bit on hard launches due to it not being the st200 clutch.....and mine is only rated to 168bhp not 200.

Soldato
OP
New idea, email the pics to Sachs ?

I'm sure they will be more than happy to help :)

Plan. :)

How hard would having one of these in be to live with as a daily driver? I have a standard ford oem clutch atm and it slips a tiny bit on hard launches due to it not being the st200 clutch.....and mine is only rated to 168bhp not 200.

Aww it'd be awesome mate. Absolutely fantastic, brilliant, amazing, superb. Only $19999 including shipping :p

Soldato
The pressure plate is obvioulsy made by Sachs, but the paddle could potentialy made my another manufacturer such as AP or ALCON.

The whole "stage" thing is utter bol...testicles, it's simply a paddle clutch. Far more useful to a potential buyer would be to find out what sort of torque/power it's rated for.

Soldato
OP
The pressure plate is obvioulsy made by Sachs, but the paddle could potentialy made my another manufacturer such as AP or ALCON.

The whole "stage" thing is utter bol...testicles, it's simply a paddle clutch. Far more useful to a potential buyer would be to find out what sort of torque/power it's rated for.

Yep, agree with all your saying here.

Back
Top Bottom