Idiot's guide to getting photos off Motorola G4 to a Windows 7 PC??

Permabanned
I use my phone AS a phone 99% of the time, but someone has texted a photo I need to get off the phone to my main Windows 7 64 bit PC. I have the USB cable but the phone contents do not show on the PC, could someone very kindly briefly explain what I need to do to see photos on this phone on the PC and transfer them please? Thanks :)

Soldato
Have you remembered to pull down the front menu on the phone and change the settings from "charging" to "file transfer"? Then it should show up as a MTP storage device in "my computer".

Permabanned
OP
Yes, I hadn't realised this was needed and it is now showing up in My Computer.... Thanks, I really am hopeless with these modern phones :) Two empty bean cans and some string is more my level ;)

Soldato
Yes, I hadn't realised this was needed and it is now showing up in My Computer.... Thanks, I really am hopeless with these modern phones :) Two empty bean cans and some string is more my level ;)

If you connect your phone to a PC to charge, people can't get into your phone without the code/fingerprint/whatever, but they could access it via the PC as an attached storage device. Now the default is to not be storage, and to only connect for charging by default, unless the phone's owner explicitly changes that setting when plugging in. So it is a security feature that makes sense to have.

Back
Top Bottom