If anyone cares, first NASCAR Chase race on now-ish

Soldato
I've been trying to catch the NASCAR races as and when I can, so been watching this,

Looks good for Montoya, but looks like it'll depends how long before the end the last caution comes, at the start of a run he's got them all beat...

Dale's doing ok as well, never even thought about NASCAR before this season but he seems to be having a bit of a poor season really?

Permabanned
So whats this "chase" malarky?

Is it just another name for Championship/Series/etc?

As I understand it towards the end of the season the top 10(?) drivers go into the 'chase' which basically means only one of them can win the championship and everyone outside the chase can't. All previous races are then ignored and their points are reset, which means you could win every single race in the run up to the chase but then still finish 10th in the championship. I guess it's a way they choose to spice up the show but it's not something I'd be keen to see in any racing I watch. I'm certainly not sure how interested I'd bee in watching one of the races in the near run up to the chase, a lot of drivers will be just driving to make enough points to win the chase rather than win the race.

It reminds me of the football league playoffs which I also don't like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom