1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Jurassic Park were an MMO, it'd look like Ark: Survival Evolved (PC/Xbox One/PS4)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Adam Senior, May 11, 2015.

1. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

Loving it. £39.99 for everything. Gonna get hours out of this.

2. CMR

Associate

Currently downloading for PS4 :)

3. kinger8938

Sgarrista

How is this 39.99? Thats mental. Or is it finished now? Bit of a funny dev, released charged dlc before completeing the main game etc

4. dakaiez

Soldato

Just bought it and downloading now. Not bad for £35.14 for both the main game and expansion. Joys of buying pre-paid credit from cdkey sites! :)

5. CMR

Associate

Yeah every little helps

6. dakaiez

Soldato

Exactly, fiver here and fiver there adds up quickly, before you know it you've saved enough for another game. :)

Didn't realize it was so small already half way done can't wait to try it out.

7. pinki104

Gangster

started playing this in early beta and have close to 1000 hours on it. Havent played i in a few months as i need a better graphics card to play it in 4K ultra. The graphics are quite good and the gameplay is addictive especially if you play with others.

8. CMR

Associate

Yeah I get my PS plus from there as well, like you say I've probably got a few free games so far. Still not sure how they sell them so cheap but hey.. :D

Half of me wishes I'd got it for PC for the graphics but most of my mates are now console only so had to follow suit :( bet it looks glorious in 4k

T minus 5 hours till I can get in and play

9. dakaiez

Soldato

Been really enjoying it, graphics are meh but gameplay is solid.

10. Arthur Hucksake

Mobster

Any one know what it's like getting a refund off Sony for an Early Access game?

This one really isn't for me. Don't have the time for the frustrations it serves up constantly.

I've put a ticket in, see what happens.

11. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

Me and and a bud are on euro 55 pvp. Come play with us and give the game more of a chance. Still early days but we've got a stone base and a few essentials. Much fun.

12. dakaiez

Soldato

Oh nice, might have to come say hello. :)

13. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

Had a stone base, had lol. Damned spanish. I'll update once we find a better location.

14. CMR

Associate

I'm on eu62. Only played Tuesday night so far but made it to level 14, would have been higher but died and got completely and utterly lost for 30 mins!

Going to have another blast on it tonight.

15. Buddy

Wise Guy

Someone explain in a few sentences what this is all about? Interested in the mp side. Graphics don't look appealing though. Is this like day z?

16. pinki104

Gangster

If you dont have much spare time on your hands i would suggest playing a x10-x20 custom server as it can take up a lot of time on normal servers. some of the dinos can take 6 or more hours to tame on x1 rate.

17. CMR

Associate

Not played day Z

However to summarise Ark, it's a cross between Minecraft, Jurassic Park and Turok and it works. Somehow.

18. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

You level up, build bases, farms , defences etc. All while battling dinos and other players/tribes. Dinos are tameable.

19. Buddy

Wise Guy

Fighting other players part sounds interesting. How big are the servers? What happens when you're offline? Can you use the dinos you tame to fight?

20. Suicidal Ferret

Gangster

70 max atm, you have to build beds to sleep in, but body stays on server,can be killed. Yes dinos can be ridden, used to attack. Can fly pterodactyl. This is on pvp server. PvE is different. There are also hardcore servers.

Kinda is like a pre history dayz.