If we were told WW3 was about to start and we all had to man up?

Caporegime
It would be ok as long as we didn't have to do anything really difficult, like wearing a face mask and refraining from mixing in large groups or licking door handles.

Problem is this generation can't help licking door handles.

During world war 2 kids had to leave their parents at very young ages and go live in the countryside for years.

Nowadays young adults can't stay away from a pub for even a few weeks.

This generation truly want everything and not willing to make any small sacrifices.

I'd love to see how they would react if they were all forced off into war. They would refuse to fight and find themselves dead and overran within seconds.

Soldato
Pick up my my mum and bring her to mine.

Fill the bath and every bottle with tap water.

Move all the food upstairs.

Put heavy objects against the doors.

Tape over the windows.

That would be the first things I'd do.

Caporegime
WW3 will be information warfare and it's probably already started, the free press in the west are not free they have chosen a side.

Corporations will not criticise China throwing people into camps because they are scared to lose a massive market but at the same time domestically (where they can't be banned from operating due to rule of law) they are pushing the message that the most diverse and welcoming countries in the world are also the most racist. They pushed Russia collusion conspiracy for 3 years with almost 24/7 coverage but won't report on Joe Biden's dodgy dealings exposed on Hunter Biden's laptop, even gone as far as to censor it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregular_warfare

• IW is a form of warfare that has as its objective the credibility and/or legitimacy of the relevant political authority with the goal of undermining or supporting that authority. IW favors indirect approaches, though it may employ the full range of military and other capabilities to seek asymmetric approaches, in order to erode an adversary's power, influence, and will.[22]
  • IW is defined as a violent struggle among state and non-state actors for legitimacy and influence over the relevant population(s)
  • IW involves conflicts in which enemy combatants are not regular military forces of nation-states.[23]
  • IW is "war among the people" as opposed to "industrial war" (i.e. regular war).[24]

In other words if you're a hostile nation it's better to attack the United States with groups like BLM and Antifa than to try to launch a military assault which will provoke a military response and also make you look like the aggressor.

Last edited:
Associate
WW3 will be information warfare and it's probably already started, the free press in the west are not free they have chosen a side.

Corporations will not criticise China throwing people into camps because they are scared to lose a massive market but at the same time domestically where they can't be banned from operating they are pushing the message that the most diverse and welcoming countries in the world are also the most racist.
So, ergo, all those millennials using TikTok are handing over their data to China and actually helping them win the information war. I can't believe an entire generation are helping the other side.

Soldato
Definitely not. How many depends what you class as a war, and depends what you class as fighting.

if we classify a war as anything called as such by the media, and fighting as deploying as a member of a national military force i'd wager we have at least a few folk.

as for ww3, well anything that would end up being called a "world" war now is gonna end in the nukes flying, even if it does stay conventional for a while the moment one side feels like they're losing then the big red button is getting pressed.

Caporegime
Running straight for the hills to avoid the nuclear fire. Arbitrary, sentimental notions of duty and responsibility to the tribe go straight out of the window in such a context, only thing that really matters is personal survival, when everything else fails that is the only remaining instinct.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom