If you could travel back in time..

Soldato
.. which period would you be most interested in visiting that's become legend in our history books?

To be more specific, which historical events would you like to see happening or which specific person would you like to see for real. You'll not be in any danger, you'll be in a sort of protective bubble and just able to observe.

Would it be the Battle of Hastings? Seeing the apple actually falling on Isaac Newton's head? Perhaps seeing Henry Vlll? Seeing Mary Queen of Scots? Being a fly on the wall and watching Beethoven actually composing and playing his 5th symphony? Seeing Merlin5 as he constructs brilliant threads? Watching the pyramids as they were built?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Birth of human race, dinosaurs, early human civilisation (probably pre- recorded historic civ, not sure which one tho!)

Scratch that, #3 is birth of the universe. That protective bubble better be good...

e: Those aren't historical events are they... oh well, rules are for chumps :p

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Just before the dark ages kick in, i would read up on the history and systematically shoot anyone who brought it on mainly to prevent 300 years on humans doing pretty much nothing until the renascence.

Caporegime
Always give the same answer to this question. I know it’s grim in the grand scheme of the worlds history, but I would have to go back to 1888 and find out the true identity of Jack the Ripper. Read so many books, changed my mind so many times and realistically, the only hope of ever solving it, is through time travel.

Soldato
OP
Always give the same answer to this question. I know it’s grim in the grand scheme of the worlds history, but I would have to go back to 1888 and find out the true identity of Jack the Ripper. Read so many books, changed my mind so many times and realistically, the only hope of ever solving it, is through time travel.

This is a great one. I'd be really intrigued to discover the Ripper while he was still alive.

Man of Honour
Battle of Jutland, with David Beatty and the Battlecruiser telling him what he could do better.

We'd sink the lot this time :D

Soldato
2001, LA, the set of filmmaker Russ Meyer's final movie, Pandora Peaks. Rounding off a personal journey that started with 10 year old cheesyboy and a copy of The Sun newspaper featuring pics of the eponymous, and extremely top-heavy, PP siteseeing around London in a flimsy pink dress.

Or maybe the fall of Troy. Both have pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom