If you found £20 in a cash machine........

Soldato
I was at a self-service checkout at the supermarket one day last year and found a £10 note (where the change comes out) - I handed it to the supervisor at the tills at the time, but I immediately regretted it - You just know he pocketed it :p

To be honest, the lady I handed it to probably did pocket it. She did offer in the first instance to take my details incase it wasn't claimed but I was on my way to work and didn't want the fuss over £5.

Those tills are actually quite evil for that because the note dispenser is low down normally.

Caporegime
Ive walked away from a cashpoint before and left the 30 quid flapping out.
A nice elderly lady chased after me, i thought i was going to be raped she was screaming so much ! .
Therefore id either leave it there or chase down the "owner" if it were possible.

Caporegime
It's fine saying leave it to get sucked back in, but I'm assuming you're there in the first place to withdraw your money... So are you just going to stand there and wait? :p

If I saw the person who used it last or whatever, I'd chase them and hand it back. If not, I'd keep it.

Associate
I did find £20 in a machine and I did take it. If I saw the person who left it, I'd give it to them but it was hanging out of the machine when I got there and there was no-one to be seen.

Soldato
Where would you hand it in to? And how would it get the user their money back?

I'd say the "just leave it" option is best as someone has mentioned.
Cash machine will take money back and credit account accordingly?*

*Sure it was on these forums I heard that this happened originally, could just be OcUK lies/rumour?

Soldato
My girlfriends mum left £50 in one of those self service things in ASDA, person behind came along, took the money and paid for their shopping with it. Police checked CCTV and if they recognize the person and can find out who it is they will take it further.

Soldato
Found £10 in the notes out section of a self service till in my local Tesco the other week. Don't feel bad about taking it nor would I be annoyed if I had left my £10 in there and someone taken it.

Soldato
I found £20 in a cash machine in Wroclaw in Poland when I was there for a weekend, I took it into the bank and tried to hand it over, but none of them spoke english, they gave it back to me in smaller denominations.

Ended up spending it but karma sorted me out, I left my favourite jumper on the plane back and it cost me £40 to replace :(

Soldato
Everyone would take it, or leave it... and withdraw some and it looks like it was yours :o:D

Unless I've seen who has used it before, there isn't anyone to really return it to.

Back
Top Bottom