If you went outside now would you expect to see 100s of slugs/snails on it?

Man of Honour
Caporegime
Normal. Number of snails corresponds to the amount of hiding places you make available. They love to hide in pots - we have tons of pots on our garden and each harbours several snails during the daytime.

They also love hiding in bushes. There are literally bajillions of them in our Skmmia hedging. Quadrazillions, even.

Soldato
Entirely normal. Hot dry spell followed by a bit of rain, especially at night, always brings the slugs and snails out in their droves. The lawn here is covered in them too.

Associate
Is that a beer trap in the 2nd pic?! You'll never get rid of them if it is, drunk rowdy slugs are all you need this time of night.

Soldato
I feel I have been click baited. I was expecting 100's, not what is in the photos, which is just a normal amount.

Annoyingly my puppy decides she likes to pick the snails up and run around with them in her mouth at this time of night..... :/

Soldato
I feel I have been click baited. I was expecting 100's, not what is in the photos, which is just a normal amount.

Annoyingly my puppy decides she likes to pick the snails up and run around with them in her mouth at this time of night..... :/

Heh, I was expecting something along the lines of a biblical plague of slugs too.

My labrador used to like to eat slugs and snails, he's since moved on to even less savoury 'delicacies', the less alive the better.

Soldato
Loads of large slugs in our garden at the moment. There was a hedgehog feasting on them last week. Not seen a hedgehog locally in at least 25 years.

Stranger.. There was a huge leach in our garden a couple of months ago. We think it had been feasting on the worms in the compost heap (hence the size) and was released when we distributed the compost on the soil before planting our veggies.

Edit.. the leach in question:
q3AFjES.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom