If you were a business (IE local car garage) and a customer payed by cheque....

Soldato
When would you cash the cheque?

I dont know how businesses work with regards to banking, but do they generally cash cheques at the end of the working day, working week, or month??

Soldato
OP
Strange :\

I took my car for an MOT on the 13th September, payed by cheque, the funds are still in my account:p

Although im not going to get too exited about this :rolleyes:

Usually in cases like this, I start planning on making a purchase with the money, and after hit the pay now button, I see that the funds I thought I had, had come out :p

I got a gut feeling they must do it month end.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Well, the local garage next to our place sometimes takes a couple of weeks to even debit cards. Something do with polling and it only happening when they choose to do it (I'm sure someone with the knowledge can clarify) so assume it's the same with cheques, depends when they themselves are bothered to go cash it.

Soldato
OP
Well, the local garage next to our place sometimes takes a couple of weeks to even debit cards. Something do with polling and it only happening when they choose to do it (I'm sure someone with the knowledge can clarify) so assume it's the same with cheques, depends when they themselves are bothered to go cash it.

Looks like it will be coming out pretty soon then :rolleyes:

Soldato
If it's a small one-man-band type business and he is busy then it could take a while simply due to him not being able to find time to get down to the bank during working hours.

Back
Top Bottom