If you were able to carry the OCUK tradition down the family?

Soldato
If you were able to carry the OCUK tradition down the family, would you?

By this I mean, tell your son/daughter about the forum and try to get them signed up when they get to a certain age.

Or would you not be bothered about it?

Soldato
dont see why not,

if my kids have any interest in spec me threads or utterly fail at life and need advice on boiling eggs or what to do if they dont like their neighbours i'll point them here

that said on a few car forums that my Dads a member of so nothing wrong with sharing a forum with parents or siblings

Caporegime
I've told friends about the forum (in regards to it being a top place for advice for building a computer and a couple have joined up)

My brother is a member, mainly so he can post in the PC Games section as that's what he's in to. He's also interested in PC building and coding so he reads up about those too.

Permabanned
If I ever had kids they wouldnt get Internet access until at least 16.

I'd rather that they dont see what I have seen.

Associate
Im not sure if I could condone actively exposing children to OCUK. I mean they would all be religion hating, tinfoil hat wearing, nutters within a week.

Perhaps I would just block access to GD. Oh and motors.

Man of Honour
???

Would you rather kids get internet access younger or older?

Whenever they want it really.

They have internet access available at schools / libraries for schoolwork, and dont really need it for anything else.

So you mean you wouldn't let them on it at home? Overall, they would have access to it. You wouldn't be able to stop that, so why bother trying?

I didnt have my own internet access until I was 20.

:eek:

Caporegime
???

Would you rather kids get internet access younger or older?

They have internet access available at schools / libraries for schoolwork, and dont really need it for anything else.

I didnt have my own internet access until I was 20.

I'd certainly not restrict their access to the World Wide Web until they were 16, would you buy them a computer and give them access for their 16th birthday?

I'd like to say I'd judge the levels my children mature at and allow them access when I felt they were mature and ready enough to be left alone to browse.

Permabanned
So you mean you wouldn't let them on it at home? Overall, they would have access to it. You wouldn't be able to stop that, so why bother trying?

How wouldnt I be able to stop it? I dont think that they would be capable of signing up to a broadband contract until 18 :confused:

I'd certainly not restrict their access to the World Wide Web until they were 16, would you buy them a computer and give them access for their 16th birthday?

A computer without internet like I had would be fine. Broadband / Wireless was in its infancy in my teens though, we only had dial up.

Back
Top Bottom