iFi Audio ZEN DAC V2

Soldato
Thinking of replacing my G6 with the iFi Audio ZEN DAC V2.

I have the DT990 Pro headphones to pair with this DAC, but wondered whether it's worth the replacement as I've been reading user feedback stating it's night and day over the G6 in term of sound quality.

Soldato
I have both, they are both designed for different roles. the ZEN DAC V2 is noticeabley better for bringing the best out of music and is pretty much focused on that role. I would only really recommend the iFi if your priority is listening to music over gaming as you don't have anything like the creative software and gaming specific hardware to get the most out of games that the G6 has and you'd probably miss that when gaming.

Soldato
I ordered it ,last in stock but missed it, so instead of waiting for stock (these guys give free 5yr warranty) i have gone for its portable brother https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/ifi-hip-dac-2 I think it will be more suitable for me regarding portability and the built in battery, i can stream a little lossless from my oppo without too much battery drain when out and about (not walking just sat on a random rock looking out to sea)

Associate
I ordered it ,last in stock but missed it, so instead of waiting for stock (these guys give free 5yr warranty) i have gone for its portable brother https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/ifi-hip-dac-2 I think it will be more suitable for me regarding portability and the built in battery, i can stream a little lossless from my oppo without too much battery drain when out and about (not walking just sat on a random rock looking out to sea)
I think your rubber arm will bend and youll end up with the Zen v2 in the end as well.

I would get a DAC for my iPhone but I find using a cable just works for me for now and if I do upgrade, I will be gettin the airpods pro max.

Soldato
I think your rubber arm will bend and youll end up with the Zen v2 in the end as well.

I would get a DAC for my iPhone but I find using a cable just works for me for now and if I do upgrade, I will be gettin the airpods pro max.
yes may end up with both or even v3 eventually , I tried a mojo 2 but received a faulty unit ,put me off a little at that price point ,have some beyer 700x coming this weekend to go with the denon d2000 ,i will go open back at some point
edit 700 pro x

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying the hipdac2 very much, a very big detailed sound and over the moon with the beyer 700 pro x , feeding it via foobar 2000 and wasapi drivers so it's definitely bypassing windows direct sound .
Using a free and legal hi res sample site.
Had some issues with Amazon hd ,thinking tidal or even Apple music ,not sure.

IMG20221012193008.jpg

IMG20221012193605.jpg

Back
Top Bottom