Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1 Curve (1500R) 34” 1440 144Hz VA panel FreeSync Premium Pro

Associate
Hey there,
asking for your opinions. I got two of the GB3466WQSU-B1 monitors. One at my home and the other one at work. The one at work I had to replace 3 to 4 times due to flickering issues in normal desktop mode (either Windows or macOS). Now my monitor at home starts doing the same flickering. I changed the DP cables as well. I can't even reproduce it as it is so randomly. iiyama offered me to replace this one with the new model GB3467WQSU-B1. I'm having problems to decide right. After all this problems, I'm not sure if I want to stay with iiyama equipment at all. On the other side there is hope that the problems are gone with a complete new model. What do you think about it?
Thanks in advance.
Was any of the DP cables VESA certified?

Associate
YMMV but I've had the GB3467WQSU-B1 for a few months now and no problems with flickering (though I never tried the previous model). I've always used a KabelDirekt VESA DP cable though so not tried the supplied one. Really happy with it.

Associate
YMMV but I've had the GB3467WQSU-B1 for a few months now and no problems with flickering (though I never tried the previous model). I've always used a KabelDirekt VESA DP cable though so not tried the supplied one. Really happy with it.
Yeah Kabeldirekt are great. The reason I asked about VESA certified, is that there are many cables out there advertised as such but that are actually not. Kabeldirekt is on the master list though, it's the brand I buy as well

LRT

LRT

Associate
I've replaced GB3466WQSU-B1 (which I managed to damage successfully with my studio monitor) with GB3467WQSU-B1 and indeed the flickering issue has clearly been addressed by iiyama. Not only that, but there are some other small noticeable improvements I wish were implemented with the older 3466 model. For instance a separate power button, no external "socket" around vesa mount so thi time it was much easier to hang the monitor on my desk arm mount, the OSD display information is now continuously refreshed so I can quickly see changes in current Hz rate, white text on black background no longer turns yellow. I'm almost glad I smashed the older model!

EDIT: I've recalibrated the monitor and with a more faithful sRGB colour representation I'm more than pleased with it.

Last edited:
Associate
I can recommend the following DP as they work fine with the IIyama GB3466WQSU-B1monitor available at Amazon

DisplayPort-kabel 1.4 Maxonar 2m/6.6ft DP1.4 8K @60Hz HBR3 4K @60Hz /144Hz/120Hz 5K @60Hz 2K @165Hz/240Hz​

Got my GB3466WQSU-B1 in Februari last year with the latest firmware, you can check in the setting, and reading some reviews ordered straight away
new DP cables after some research. The cable supplied by IIyama is subpar the least.

I run Debian as well as Windows (dual-boot) and enjoy the capabilities of FreeSync Premium/G-Sync with a GTX 1070 and now after an upgrade an
RX6600 XT with no flickering.

My sister recently changed to Acer 4k 60Hz Monitor recently and with her DP cable she also experienced flickering, got her the same DP cable (Maxomar) and
no issues anymore. FreeSync Premium or G-Sync

Back
Top Bottom