IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Deluxe £15.76 (Oculus/Vive)

Permabanned
Just picked this up on G2A for the bargain price of £15.76. Deluxe version includes 2 additional aircraft, La-5 Series 8 and Fw 190 A-3. Steam price for the deluxe edition is £64.99 or £39.99 standard.

They also have the DLC, IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow for £6.99. Steam price £39.99.

Some people have been ripped off via sellers using G2A. I have bought a couple of hundred games from them, and had an issue with just one key. They seem to be fine as long as you stick to established (high sales) sellers.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/IL2_Sturmovik_Battle_of_Stalingrad/

https://www.g2a.com/?search=battle of stalingrad deluxe

Last edited:
Associate
I use G2A a lot; never had any issues. I do pay by paypal, just in case ;) Whats Il2 like in VR? Love the game years ago, if it's any gopod, I'll be picking it up :D

Associate
I bought this a little while ago, and although I agree that it is very immersive I just don't know how how viable a detailed flight sim is in VR, the sheer number of keyboard commands that need to be used for complex engine management or whatever mean that at best you can play this in arcade mode via VR which takes a lot of the fun out of things.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I bought this a little while ago, and although I agree that it is very immersive I just don't know how how viable a detailed flight sim is in VR, the sheer number of keyboard commands that need to be used for complex engine management or whatever mean that at best you can play this in arcade mode via VR which takes a lot of the fun out of things.

LOL.
Try DCS, which is even more detailed. Personally I love it. There's a certain level of satisfaction about being able to get a plane/chopper to do what you want, when it isn't just handed to you on a plate.

Soldato
voiceattack for the keyboard

Associate
Admittedly I need a few more more buttons on my Thrustmaster HOTAS, but for the most part I don't need to see the keyboard. There are better HOTAS setups available, not sure if they work with IL-2 though.

DCS...don't bother imo. It runs poorly and definitely needs a lot of switches and buttons.

Soldato
Exactly. I'm constantly amazed as to how often VR flight simmers still haven't come across it :confused:

I use it for all sorts, liked opening calculator, cause lazy :)

Admittedly I need a few more more buttons on my Thrustmaster HOTAS, but for the most part I don't need to see the keyboard. There are better HOTAS setups available, not sure if they work with IL-2 though.

DCS...don't bother imo. It runs poorly and definitely needs a lot of switches and buttons.

You tried this, VAICOM https://www.vaicompro.com/features.html

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I have not :p

The main killer in DCS for me was the terrible stuttering whenever I looked to the sides of the cockpit. On a runway. With nothing to see and nothing moving. It's very poorly optimised for VR. Uninstalled that bloatware shortly after that.

Be aware that the recent 2.2 update improved frame rates substantially.

Back
Top Bottom