Illumation issue with Predar RGB

Soldato
Bit of a weird issue, and a small one, but it’s really irritating me! They were bought from OCUK and worked for a short while before the issue arose.

One of the LED strips on my predator RAM will not illumate, regardless of the type of illumation I try. I’ve got four sticks of 8GB 3600Mhz on the ASUS MAXIMUS X FORMULA. All drivers up to date, Windows up to date.

I’ve reseated them, and tried installing Hyper X’s own software, it can’t detect the RAM.

The other three sticks work fine, it’s just that one stick.

Anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?

Associate
Bit of a weird issue, and a small one, but it’s really irritating me! They were bought from OCUK and worked for a short while before the issue arose.

One of the LED strips on my predator RAM will not illumate, regardless of the type of illumation I try. I’ve got four sticks of 8GB 3600Mhz on the ASUS MAXIMUS X FORMULA. All drivers up to date, Windows up to date.

I’ve reseated them, and tried installing Hyper X’s own software, it can’t detect the RAM.

The other three sticks work fine, it’s just that one stick.

Anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?

I take it that you swapped the ram positions around and its still the same stick that wont light up or is it different sticks in the same socket.

If its the latter welcome to the world of rbg ram and the very poor implementation of a non existent standard.

Permabanned
you will have to return the kit,

i have only ever have to RMA 1 kit of ram and it was Kingston hyperx blu, it was via ocuk and in total was around 4 weeks.
if you need your system on a daily basis i would buy a replacement kit if your outside your 14 day exchange window

Soldato
OP
you will have to return the kit,

i have only ever have to RMA 1 kit of ram and it was Kingston hyperx blu, it was via ocuk and in total was around 4 weeks.
if you need your system on a daily basis i would buy a replacement kit if your outside your 14 day exchange window

Thanks man.

I am indeedoutside the return window, and losing my system for a month would be a huge problem as I work from home. I have a laptop but a lot of the files I work on are huge, and stored on internal drives (backups aside).

I’ll speak to OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom