I'm a .....

Soldato
Well according to some youngish chap who just came round knocked on the door trying to sell me stuff.

He claimed he was an ex offender who was trying to keep out of crime by selling door to door. He did show a badge, and I was interested in buying an item, but the price was stupid and I didn't have that amount of cash. I apologised, and he proceeded to call me a "see you next Tuesday" and that people round here are all to easy to moan at people like him, yet never help! Apparently it pays to be in crime rather than earn a living.

:(

Great, no doubt he will stick a brick through the window or key my car later.

Joys.... its also made me feel guilty about the whole thing as well.

God damn it, why can't we help these people coming out of knick better than giving them a door to door sales job!??! Talk about trying to put him back to crime.

Soldato
Had one of these come to my mothers while I was there. She bought something as he was nice enough although she obviously wasn't over the moon about having paid a premium.

Surely if you wanted you could find out who he was and have his ear clipped for calling you a ****, providing the council keep track of which areas offenders door-to-door in.

Soldato
Crikey he was quick, he was here just 10 minutes ago saying he was doing community service. Showed me what looked like a driving license and said he had been working hard around my area all morning.

As has been said before I refused to get involved, felt a bit guilty afterwards then a bit worried about reprisals.

Andi.

Soldato
Not in reading anymore.... moved out to the burbs in Wokingham.

I'm from Wokingham, mum, sister and brother still live there. Whereabouts? We had them come to our door (opposite Joel Park/Cantley field), but thankfully my stepdad who's in the met scoped him out for credentials etc and told him politely that we aren't interested.

Back
Top Bottom