I'm about to throw my home hub out the window

Soldato
Grrr

It happens all the time. Random disconnects. Slow speeds. Capping ports. Ugh.

We got home hub. Everything was working great for a week. Connected at 7MB. Was loving it.

Now. Disconnects everyday. In the past 10 minutes 10 disconnects. I can only connect at 4MB if I'm lucky.

Support sucks. It's all about anti-virus with them.

I really don't know what to say. My dad bought BT cause he couldn't be assed to go with all the other ISPs I told him about. The thing is he wont cancel with them.

It's so hard being the one who uses it all the time and I have no control over it. So when it disconnects I get wizzed off.

Anyone got any suggestions.

Also is motors.ebay.co.uk down or is it just my hub that keeps disconnecting every time I click this link (all other ebay pages work)

Soldato
OP
I can ping everyother website but motors.ebay.co.uk can't be found and ebay.co.uk times out. I can see why it might time out because of there host but not finding motors.ebay.co.uk is odd...

Soldato
Tob3z said:
I can ping everyother website but motors.ebay.co.uk can't be found and ebay.co.uk times out. I can see why it might time out because of there host but not finding motors.ebay.co.uk is odd...

Open up command promt and do "nslookup motors.ebay.co.uk" without the quotes. What do you get? I get this:

Name: www.ebayautos.co.uk
Address: 66.135.192.75
Aliases: motors.ebay.co.uk, www.ebaymotors.co.uk

Suspended
I got my home hub yesterday and im very pleased with it - I get the full 8 MB and all my apps including p2p work fine.

BUT!

In BF2 every 60 seconds or so I get a little glitch where my ping spikes for about 5-6 seconds, and its rather irritating - I've tried turning off te HomeHub firewall but to no avail - any ideas?

Soldato
OP
AthlonTom said:
I got my home hub yesterday and im very pleased with it - I get the full 8 MB and all my apps including p2p work fine.

BUT!

In BF2 every 60 seconds or so I get a little glitch where my ping spikes for about 5-6 seconds, and its rather irritating - I've tried turning off te HomeHub firewall but to no avail - any ideas?

Give it 10 day's and if you still get the full 8Mb I will be impressed. AS for the spike probem I wouldn't have a clue. Best wait for someone who knows what they are talking about :p

Associate
Just got my Homehub today and the damn Broadband and Internet lights dont even come on. Phoned them up and talked to someone who i had trouble understanding and i think they are gonna be sending me a new one.

Back
Top Bottom