1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm after a new mattress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tony Williams, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Tony Williams

Mobster

2. gibb

Gangster

I have a new pocket sprung with memory foam and it stinks. Been airing it for 2 weeks now and still wake up with a sore throat, hoping a week more will do the job.

3. TaKeN

Capodecina

4. BennyC

Capodecina

http://www.somnus.co.uk/bedstead-mattresses/mattress-overview.html

A little out of your budget but I love mine to bits. Handmade, one side is regular and the other mildly firm. Soft but supportive, cozy but cool. If you can get to a retailer to try them I would recommend it.

Spend as much as you can stretch to and you won't regret it. My O/H has an awful old mattress at hers, I could fold it in half without trying, and every morning my back feels like it's had bricks smashed on it.

5. Tony Williams

Mobster

BennyC they dont have prices? Confused?

Goto a bed shop and pay probs alot more but at least see it.

The OP Amazon that has alot of good reviews.

Or a priv. site - but I feel I am taking a risk, I like the idea of an eco one. can you have ONE good side and the other cheaper? Since its usually one person on this bed.

6. Tony Williams

Mobster

7. TaKeN

Capodecina

That's the mattress I have Tony. You sort of sink into it.. it moulds to your shape.

Very Very comfortable! Feel free to ring them and or email them about what you want. They're great chaps :)

It also stays at the perfect temperature and doesn't over heat like memory foam!

8. Tony Williams

Mobster

Double Mattress: £640.00
    Matching Base: £185.00

This one?? Seems very pricey but if it's worth it I am willing to go for it over the amazon/hypia one.

So I buy the mattres? what is the base? I have a bed so I don't need one?

9. PermaChanged

Mobster

I've got a memory foam topped pocket sprung mattress made by Silentnight, it's the best mattress I've ever owned.

10. Tefal

Capo Crimine

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

11. Relentless81

Capodecina

Literally just took delivery of an Attlee King Size Mattress from Dreams, its a 1200 Pocket Mattress which is quite firm, cant wait to sleep on it as the old one was knackered!

12. BennyC

Capodecina

The base will affect the feel of the mattress. Divan bases will give a different feel to that of a 'slatted' base or a floor :p

13. Teknobry

Wise Guy

Op, factory beds recommend a mattress topper, i picked up a goose down one from a company in manchester. That way, it helps protect the mattress, you get the extra comfort and its washable.

14. raralis

Gangster

Would recommend you give a decent waterbed mattress a go.

Got mine from Sleepmasters and it's brilliant.

15. TaKeN

Capodecina

The base is a DIVAN Base. So If you already have a base/bed, you just need the Mattress :)

I use mine on a slatted bed!

16. deano1863

Gangster

It is very soft despite being classed as mid range, the pillows aren't that bad either.

Just looked and the manufacturer has changed their website since i bought from them :confused: it took me to one of their 'approved suppliers' for the life of me i cant find the invoice from which company it was

17. Tony Williams

Mobster

18. HighlandeR

Capodecina

went mattressman myself 2 months ago...

I have always been sleeping on £50-100 mattresses but this time wanted to try something better quality and better so went with this one:

http://www.mattressman.co.uk/mattresses/sealy/millionaire-memory-single-mattress.aspx

Pretty much has the highest amount of positive comments on there site, and its not fully memory foam, has a lovely top fabric also that spreads the heat as well. I gotta admit like others have said it can feel a little warm the memory foam but that is why I went with this one since its not fully memory foam and its fabric gets rid of heat.

Its so comfy and good for my back, im turning and rotating it once every 2-3 weeks like it suggest I want this mattress to last years !

I would suspect a full memory foam would be awesome for winter but poor for summer so its good to get a balance right, cant go wrong with my choice I bet in winter time ill be still sleeping like a baby !

19. Tony Williams

Mobster

20. the shadow

Soldato