I'm going to die if I don't find a monitor soon!

Soldato
Yeah, i would say that it was hardly a suspension offence tbh. OCUK do not sell them, and it's not like nobody knows of their existence.
I am probably going to order one on friday:)

BTW. It is back in stock in the original place you wanted it from now for £240;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Should I remove those retailer names?

Probably a good idea. OCUK don't really sell TVs (apart from this one), but those places do sell things that is OCUK's bread and butter - so best to remove the names just to be safe.

Oh, input lag? It's not effected by panel type is it, because they're different.

From reading through that thread on overclock.net - the panel type doesn't really affect the input lag, both panel type TVs have very low input lag. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Pixel response and input lag is different yush? So S-IPS, A-MVA etc, the input lag will still remain between 1 and 2 frames, which is good? If this is in fact the case, an I feel that dragging/ghosting, is not an issue with an A-MVA type, then I'll keep it.

Yes, very different. Pixel response is the time it takes for each pixel to change from one colour to another. If this is too slow - then on a moving image your eye can see a trail of pixels which are still the colour they were supposed to be a moment ago - this is ghosting. Usually with a response time of less than 10ms your eye won't really see the ghosting - but this does depend on the speed of motion and your sensitivity to it. Here is a very good article on it.

On the other hand - input lag (or processing lag) is the time between the monitor receiving the video signal and it being displayed on screen. If you are playing fast paced games, then you want a low input lag so your input (mouse, keyboard, gamepad) is displayed on the screen almost instantaneously. If the input lag is too high then you may feel that the game isn't very responsive and you aren't able to perform as well (you press click to get the headshot, but the image you are looking at is 50ms old - so the guy doesn't get hit). With ~16ms average input lag - this really shouldn't be an issue. Also, input lag has nothing to do with ghosting. Here is a good article which talks about input lag.

If I get S-IPS, I'll just hang on to it anyway, even if the blacks aren't as deep. I know if I end up with S-IPS I'll be sitting there wanting to try A-MVA, but it's no use sending it back and forth hoping for a A-MVA an then an S-IPS if I like it. If I get an S-IPS panel, I'll keep it, if I get an A-MVA panel, I'll test it and if I like it, I'll keep it and skip the S-IPS lol. Black Ops on PS3 is a fantastic test for ghosting and input lag, so we'll see :).

Sounds like a good plan.

Associate
OP
No I'm not happy with that because useless A*, said they were out of stock, an now magically they hop next door an go, "oh look, we have 9 more TVs"... I'm sorry but that's a major stock **** up. You don't have 22 TVs, run out of stock and then get 9 in. I'm sorry but that doesn't happen when they sell real quick for that price.

Now I've registered at D*, an yet made another account (that's about 14,001 accounts now), passed over my E-mail address, etc, etc... an now I have to wait a week for delivery. Not to mention D* are part of the evil joke company family tree, with yobbos an their half shaved eyebrows patrollin' der shop floor, tho init bruv. :(

If that TV drops to £220. I'ma go scream at A* - Useless sods, how difficult is it to run stock checks?

Least the TV is ordered. Let's just hope things go well...

:D

Soldato
Just recieved mine - the code on the sticker is

32LD450-ZA.BEKWLJP

Happy S-IPS times :)

Gonna set it up now.

As you mention, the price on the site I got it from is now only £224, worth it imho. I paid for the first class delivery and got it in less than two working days (ordered on saturday night).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Due to D* having a ridiculous cancellation system, which I'm still waiting on. All of the A*'s stock has gone.

Time for some serious complaints to both parties I think. Perhaps some verbal abuse, I'll most certainly be demanding a lower price from D*.

Bravo to A* for their ridiculous stock blunders.

Where is Dixons number? Seriously now. I'm giving them a call

Soldato
You'd of thought, right?

Not that simple when it comes to these clowns at Dixons. I see my sense for daft companies remains strong. I new I shouldn't have registered.

Hope you get it sorted mate.:)

Maybe this is why the dons have let us discuss competitors. LOL

Associate
OP
Yeah, because they suck. I wasn't actually aware of discussing other retailers being against the rules, but I think OCUK should change that rule a tad so that certain "joke" companies, who are disastrous at absolutely everything, can be discussed for name and shame purposes. :)

Still waiting for the snails at D* to either cancel my order, or offer me £224. Lol, yep, I asked.

Not getting a TV from them if they're going to **** me about.

Soldato
To be fair to the retailer - they are selling a high quality product at a knock-down price, so it is fair to expect that the demand will be very high for these units (especially if the thread on hotdealsuk is any indication). Also, bear in mind that this is now a discontinued unit - so the stock situation is expected to be unpredictable.

In my experience with deals like this - you need to jump on them as soon as you see them or someone else will.

Associate
OP
I WANT MY DAMN TV! HURRY UP D* FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I put that ticket in at 12:10!

How can you request order cancellation if they deal with orders 10 years prior to a ticket coming through? It's like these idiots have no logic at all!

Marvellous. At this rate, the world will run out stock an I'll never get a TV.

Maybe a god is real? A, your not getting a TV type one?

Associate
OP
Lol I just got a confirmation text, it'll be delivered 1st May. The date I set it for.

Hopefully they get the 2nd support ticket I put in abusing their dreadful support and cancellation service, asking to proceed with the process. Too late for that 224, though they'd never do it. ********.

Caporegime
Lol I just got a confirmation text, it'll be delivered 1st May. The date I set it for.

Hopefully they get the 2nd support ticket I put in abusing their dreadful support and cancellation service, asking to proceed with the process. Too late for that 224, though they'd never do it. ********.

You can hardly expect them to price match after you've already placed an order.

They're also not going to price match with somewhere that doesn't have stock.

Associate
OP
You can hardly expect them to price match after you've already placed an order.

They're also not going to price match with somewhere that doesn't have stock.

Exactly that. But it's because they were so slow, an still yet to respond to that cancellation request that I wasn't able to get the £224 one from the big giant rainforest lol.

It's done now anyway. Hopefully they'll ignore those support tickets and just carry on with it.

Caporegime
Exactly that. But it's because they were so slow, an still yet to respond to that cancellation request that I wasn't able to get the £224 one from the big giant rainforest lol.

It's done now anyway. Hopefully they'll ignore those support tickets and just carry on with it.

Or they'll cancel your order :eek:

I look forward to your comments if that happens.

Soldato
Hopefully you can get it sorted, best of luck.

I have got mine set up now (set it to just scan and adjusted the game mode to roughly match my main monitor) and I am REALLY happy with it. The colours are lovely, it handles motion excellently and it is generally an all round nice bit of kit. UKFX, I would really say it is worth the hassle.

Here are a few pics, though they are off the only camera I own (Iphone 3G, getting a 600D in the summer) - so not really a fair representation of what you see in the flesh.

img0034dz.jpg

img0037n.jpg

img0039qp.jpg

Associate
OP
Small things, small minds.

Stoke, cough*, stoke...

Anyway... thanks cmndr_andi. Looks great. Of course I will get it, I'm just awaiting it's delivery. I'll have to keep an eye on my inbox of course, just in case after 10 years they decide to go ahead and cancel it :).

Hopefully PSN will be back up an running by Monday. I'll also be sure to pick up a few blu-rays ;). Blu-rays on a 2032mw are nasty, as you can imagine lol.

I'm also liking the thinner bezel. The two LH3000's we have are real nice, rather good for games as well (Xbox 360 - Black Ops, etc), but the bottom where the LG logo is is like 2 inches thicker than the LD450, so it's a good thing that in this case it is somewhat thinner.

:)

I want that guys red robe...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom