'I'm Harriet Harman - you know where you can get me...'

Permabanned
Harriet Harman is being investigated by police after allegedly leaving the scene of an accident in which she drove into a parked car while talking on her mobile phone.

Ms Harman, Labour's deputy leader, is said to have stopped briefly after the crash, but witnesses say she drove off without leaving her insurance or registration details – an offence carrying a possible six-month jail term.

When a witness approached her car, the MP is said to have wound down her window and said simply: 'I'm Harriet Harman - you know where you can get hold of me.'

According to police sources, Ms Harman is being investigated for driving without due care and attention, driving while illegally using a mobile phone and failing to stop after an accident, the most serious of the three offences.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...legedly-told-witness-crashing-parked-car.html

If you or I crashed and drove off without stopping, we'd be arrested and charged with failing to stop - why wasn't she? Why does she think the law doesn't apply to her?

Police sources told The Mail on Sunday she was due to be questioned early last week, but this was delayed because of the Labour conference.
Why?

Last edited:

AJK

AJK

Associate
Because it doesn't - we all know she won't be arrested for failing to stop, so why should she? The reason HH (and most people abusing positions of power, for that matter) believe that the rules don't apply is because they don't, to them.

:(

Soldato
In 2003, Ms Harman was fined £400 and banned from driving for a week after being convicted of driving at 99mph on a motorway.

In April 2007 she was also issued with a £60 fixed-penalty notice and three penalty points for driving at 50mph in a 40mph zone on the A14 in Suffolk.

She paid the fine several months late, narrowly avoiding appearing at Ipswich magistrates' court.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1421786/Harriet-Harman-gets-weeks-ban-for-99mph-drive.html

One rule for us...another for them.

Soldato
In 2003, Ms Harman was fined £400 and banned from driving for a week after being convicted of driving at 99mph on a motorway.

Err, £400 and a weeks ban? Bit light given her wage packet :/

Soldato
Yeah, because libel doesn't apply to them. Why do they think the law doesn't apply to them?

This all comes down to our understanding of the universe until now people only believed in forces like gravity and elctromagnetism. But there is a stronger force, a force which draws every retarded peice of trash news and concentrates into 50 pages of dense excrement lablled the Daily Mail. People worry that when we smash sub atomic particles together at CERN they'll create a black hole, when in reality I think they find the universe is made up of "immigrants taking uor jeerrrrwwwbsss", "grannies getting attacked by hoodies", etc...

Soldato
What I may do, to prevent getting done for any type of motoring offence in the future (not that proud of this but in 1997 I had 15 points on my licence and wasn't banned (I've been clean since I lost them points)), is go find an Ugly Tree, climb it, fall out and hit every branch on the way down, put on a wig and then drive my car claiming to be called Harriet Harmon.

Sorted, no more points.

Back
Top Bottom