I'm in the wrong job! £60 an hour for playing make believe!

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20357997

The exorcist Abou Mohammed sits cross-legged on the floor of a back-room in his home in Ilford, East London. He is surrounded by copies of the Koran, containers of olive oil and a spray-bottle of water which he uses on the Jinn, the supernatural spirits, that he says possess many of his clients.

Mr Mohammed, who goes by the title of Raqi, has a waiting list several months long and charges £60 for a one-hour session.

One of his clients is Mudasar Khan, 41, who says he has been possessed by a Jinn for years. He describes it as something that surrounds his body, buzzing, making him unwell and even stopping him sleeping.

Mr Khan has been on anti-depressants in the past and suffered panic attacks, but he says the Jinn prevented medication from working and that it is only coming to Abou Mohammed that has provided some relief.

"I had to go to the doctors and the hospitals too, to prove it to my family, because if I didn't do that side of it as well they'd think it was in my head," he says.

For five years Mr Khan has been treated by Mr Mohammed, who he says summons up the Jinn inside of him and speaks to it directly, easing its effect.

^^ How odd! After five years the exorcism still hasn't worked? How odd! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Jinns do exist. Think of them as poltergeists, or ghosts. They can possess humans, however, they should not. They normally house trees in woodland and some even your bathroom.

Soldato
I hear Haribo fends them off.

:rolleyes:

They are of a smokeless flame, Satan is infact a Jinn. You could say he is the first Jinn as Adam was the first Human.

Codswallop it may be to some, but the Qur'an has mentioned things 1400 years a go, which were found only a few decades ago. Jinns are mentioned in the Qur'an.

Soldato

They are of a smokeless flame, Satan is infact a Jinn. You could say he is the first Jinn as Adam was the first Human.

Codswallop it may be to some, but the Qur'an has mentioned things 1400 years a go, which were found only a few decades ago. Jinns are mentioned in the Qur'an.

You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking!

Associate
Surely if somebody believes in this stuff, and the exorcism cures them, then the exorcist should be allowed to do this? No matter how idiotic it seems.

It's not any worse than homeopathy!

Or spiritual readings/healing, psychics etc... Con artists and fraudsters, the lot of them. I have no idea how they get away with it.

Soldato

Explain further how these Jinns are any different from fairies in fairytales told in every society earth has ever had when people needed to explain the nature of something that their inability to comprehend science was unable to explain?

Like plotholes in Xena..... wizard.

Back
Top Bottom