Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
I only JUST replaced a 2015 MBP last month at work, not because it was slow, I mean it was slow but still functional and I could get things done. I had to get a new one because the battery had expanded and it has become a fire hazard.

The new M1 Mac Mini does FLY through PS, illustrator, InDesign etc. Kinda glad I upgraded this year as opposed to the last i guess.

Soldato
Still running my laptop from 2010. Admittedly I swapped the harddrive for an ssd 2 years ago but still the same otherwise. Not what I'd call 'up to date' but by no means obsolete.

Imagine going back years and making the same statement comparing a laptop from 1990 to 2001. Goes to show how technology isn't quite as progressive any more.

Permabanned
for real? or you just have a gay cop tash? :p

Trainspotting and pulp fiction are two of the few movie that I can sit and watch quoting every line before it's said... damn I miss my teenage years, how I would have done thing differently etc...as I read the label on my bottle of bud

Associate
Imagine going back years and making the same statement comparing a laptop from 1990 to 2001. Goes to show how technology isn't quite as progressive any more.

That's a very good point. To be fair to the laptop my desktop does most of the heavy lifting, though that's not much better being from 2011/12. I feel like I might be due an upgrade

Caporegime

Trainspotting and pulp fiction are two of the few movie that I can sit and watch quoting every line before it's said... damn I miss my teenage years, how I would have done thing differently etc...as I read the label on my bottle of bud

For real, including the sexy tash.

Yeah, I can quote Trainspotting all day. Sad really :p

Man of Honour
should have waited for the M2 :p
Was trying to stretch it to that but was going a bit long in the tooth.

5 years for a work laptop is already 2 years beyond what even the most frugal company should depreciate over.
Yup, was due for replacement after 3 years but didn't need it and wanted to let the M1 adoption improve a bit more.

if it's only for accounts and skype meetings you don't need the latest machine do you? Those new fonts really do hammer the system don't they ;)
I run it a little harder than that, often have an enterprise grade eCommerce stack or two running along with some very hefty PowerPoint, Adobe suite and video processing.
That being said Skype is so crap now it it's probably the most memory hungry of the lot!

V F

V F

Soldato

The summers seemed to have been better back in the early/mid 90s.

Back
Top Bottom