Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
It's been a few weeks now. Still have a little discomfort in my back which suffered multiple compression fractures.

Well, I didn't know I hit my head until I got home from hospital a few days later. So I'll take that as a win for the old one.

Did you get hit by a car?

Hope all is mending well.

Haha I only mention it as I remember the ER doctor sort of blanching when I said I couldn't actually remember hitting my head either in a motorcycle crash and I'd turned up 6hours later after arranging for the bike to be collected and getting it home etc.

New one looks considerably smaller than the old one, have you been reshaped into a new more compact form :p

Soldato
Don't be dartht!

:D

It's a rear hub for my bike. Old one has eaten its bearings so this is a considerable upgrade.

Something else arrived today, funny story first though. I first bought this exact shower head from Showery.co.uk couple months ago but after waiting 5 weeks and nothing turning up I did some digging and found out they ship from China even though they call themselves British :rolleyes:

I sent an email to their official showery UK address for a refund of my £30 and got a Chinese signed email back from someone with a Gmail address :rolleyes:

Got my money back and randomly yesterday saw this on Amazon for under £13 (after applying a 15% discount they currently have on Prime) as needed a shower head holder due to mine breaking.

shower-me-with-your-fluids.jpg

Had a shower with it and have to say it is superb. The rainfall mode is my new favourite thing. A nice mist of water, and using less water now too as the taps don't need to be turned up as much whilst still getting more pressure from the head.

Had one of these a couple of years back, fantastic for the first couple of months but if you are using a standard electric shower be careful as the limescale builds up the head actually creates backpressure, reducing flow causing the temperature to skyrocket, called a plumber out as we thought the shower needed replacing and he said its quite a common occurrence with these style heads.

Soldato
Did you get hit by a car?

Hope all is mending well.

Haha I only mention it as I remember the ER doctor sort of blanching when I said I couldn't actually remember hitting my head either in a motorcycle crash and I'd turned up 6hours later after arranging for the bike to be collected and getting it home etc.

New one looks considerably smaller than the old one, have you been reshaped into a new more compact form :p

A cat sent me flying into the back of a parked car, I was travelling at the same speed as cars were though. New one is more streamlined so I can go faster next time. :o

Associate
A game for the insanely high price of £3.99 :D

Ori and the blind forest. Really a superbly made game, and the controlling mechanics reminds me of Mario 64 / Banjo Kazooie / Ocaina of time etc. Granted they are all 3D and this is 2D, but the smoothness and feel is similar.

kieyUQc.jpg

Gonna have to get the sequel after this is done which is even nicer looking.

Need to replay this on OLED and get the sequel. Played this on my old monitor with not so great PQ

Soldato
Picture of decaf coffee

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the decaf coffee, and if you got beans or ground? On the one hand, most of the comments I hear are "Don't buy loads because it goes off within 0.08087 seconds of it arriving in to your kitchen", and on the other hand "I bought this lovely coffee from independent coffee roasters inc, but it's £3.99 delivery and £4.99 a bag" - At which point surely you'd want to buy a 1kg bag like you've done to make the delivery worth it.

Soldato
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the decaf coffee, and if you got beans or ground? On the one hand, most of the comments I hear are "Don't buy loads because it goes off within 0.08087 seconds of it arriving in to your kitchen", and on the other hand "I bought this lovely coffee from independent coffee roasters inc, but it's £3.99 delivery and £4.99 a bag" - At which point surely you'd want to buy a 1kg bag like you've done to make the delivery worth it.

I get through about 1.5kg of coffee beans a month. Usually buy 1kg at a time.

Beans keep about a month after roasting before they start to lose flavour.

That decaf is pretty good.....(not the best I've tried, but decent)....but the decaffeination process does strip a lot of flavour from the beans, they're usually roasted very dark to help compensate. That said, I always have some decaf in, so I can have an espresso after dinner without laying awake staring at the ceiling all night :p

Soldato
A few recent purchases. Sorry about the massive photos, Imgur isn't letting me resize them yet.

Enjoyed the film so picked up the book, £4.50 in Sainsburys, enjoying it so far.

P2ez0g8.jpg

An actual pint, in a pub, with people!

Urz15zl.jpg

Had a Series X and PS5 over Christmas but settled on the PS5 eventually. But Flight Simulator can make a guy glance...

NqC3yaM.jpg

And Game Pass for a £1 meant I was up in the air before long:

CYfdNPI.jpg

Oh, and an aircon unit. The weather dropped the day after. You're all very welcome for my sacrifice.

1KOTyM6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom