Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
New 18650 batteries and quick charger.

20210920-140742.jpg

Associate
Some cheap and cheerful fishing lures. These are actually a back up set to replace an identical set I currently use and have had lots of luck with. Absolutely perfect for perch in canals and I don't live in fear of losing them like I do with my rapalas.

5QiVW3N.jpeg

Soldato

Just out interest did you collect regular Blu-ray and DVDs before?

The way movie studios have managed to resell their content across so many different formats must have netted them a fortune. DVD becoming obsolete must sting though for those who had massive collections, I saw many a photo from people on here with book cases full.

Is there anything on the horizon to conceivably better 4K? Or are we more likely to see the demise of physical releases altogether in favour of online libraries?

Soldato
Just out interest did you collect regular Blu-ray and DVDs before?

The way movie studios have managed to resell their content across so many different formats must have netted them a fortune. DVD becoming obsolete must sting though for those who had massive collections, I saw many a photo from people on here with book cases full.

Is there anything on the horizon to conceivably better 4K? Or are we more likely to see the demise of physical releases altogether in favour of online libraries?
HDR is the latest justification for new media - classics get remastered, new stuff gets re-released.

People who insist on top picture quality will always want physical media IMO, as a 4k HDR stream (even at high bitrate) is only ~20Mbps. Uncompressed HDR 4k blu-ray is over 100Mbps. This was true of DVD over broadcast TV, true of HD blu-ray over the streams of the era, etc.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

So my Osprey rucksack of 25 years decided to finally give up the ghost, so I decided to replace it with:-

Another Osprey rucksack - a Kestrel 48. Not super lightweight but I wanted the features. I'm not a stick insect so I don't get hung up on grams.

20210920-202654.jpg

V F

V F

Soldato
HDR is the latest justification for new media - classics get remastered, new stuff gets re-released.

People who insist on top picture quality will always want physical media IMO, as a 4k HDR stream (even at high bitrate) is only ~20Mbps. Uncompressed HDR 4k blu-ray is over 100Mbps. This was true of DVD over broadcast TV, true of HD blu-ray over the streams of the era, etc.

Yep, nothing beats physical media. Funny though, so many people think SD is so poor but what they refer to is badly compressed online media. Once you check out a really good DVD, it's night and day.

Associate
Purchased some flights now the US is back open to the fully vaccinated, thanks Biden!

Just over two years since we moved back home and we haven't seen most of our friends since then, we are very excited.

51499882165_5ecae57c0c_c.jpg

Soldato
Great films (minus Big Fish). Although I bloody hate the cardboard sleeves they do with these 4K films. Straight in the recycling. I don't see the point in them
How dare you sir Big Fish is an amazing film.:p

I like the slip covers as long as they're not damaged! I always buy from my local HMV on the day of release of a film, so I don't have to risk smashed damaged films through the post. I wish they didn't come with the Blu Ray disc as its such a waste of money as I'll never watch it!

Back
Top Bottom