1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zefan, 29 Jun 2016.

1. dLockers

Sgarrista

Open coffee beans should not be in the fridge you heathen perfectly correct human.

(I was corrected by a chap further down).

Last edited: 14 Oct 2021
  2. the shadow

Soldato

28p each date 2023 i had to pick up :D:D:D:D:D:D..................:D

3. Kur15

Associate

Model kit from Japan and a mouse from CEX vouchers (grade A without the Walkers crisp oil or gamer palm sweat)
    [​IMG]

4. the-evaluator

Mobster

No they shouldn't. Fridges are quite a moist environment which isn't great for the beans but the temperature change between amient and fridge (or even worse, freezer) will cause condensation to form on the beans.

The best place to store coffee beans is in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.

5. dLockers

Sgarrista

:eek:

Thanks man, I was getting really annoyed at having them take space up in there. Seems you are totally right. I wonder where I got the fridge idea from? I think it was HUKD.

6. hughtrimble

Mobster

Your fridge, like your freezer, should be a very dry place. But you are correct that the primary issue is the condensation upon removal and replacing back in the fridge or freezer. Freezing beans long term and then bringing them up to room temperature whilst still airtight sealed (thus preventing condensation) is a very good way of storing them.

7. Azza

Caporegime

:eek:

I need to go back to Singapore, just to feel that ice cool air con on the MRT.

8. LiE

Capodecina

Ah the coffee and relish diet, very trendy in California. You should be into that size 0 in no time.

9. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

10. the-evaluator

Mobster

I disagree and think putting coffee beans in a freezer is a waste of good beans. Each to their own though.

Keeping the beans airtight won't prevent condensation if there's moist air within that airtight container. If you're storing them in a vacuum then maybe things would be different though.

11. Siliconslave

Man of Honour

time for a nice small lens (yes i'm compensating for something)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 14 Oct 2021
  12. the shadow

Soldato

13. LuckyBenski

Soldato

You only freeze them once - they go in warmer than the freezer contents, chill down, and once you take them (entire sealed container) out to defrost that's it - they're out. Use to split large batches up for long term storage.

14. Siliconslave

Man of Honour

I freeze some beans occasionally, its better if you can vacuum pack them before you do but you'd struggle to tell the difference in all honesty

15. mrk

Man of Honour

New keyboard. The K780 was bought in 2018 and served well but the battery door clips have broken and the white bits you can see are that rubbery surface material that feels a bit weird over the years.

Liked the look of the new MX Keys...

[​IMG]

Quite nice. Key feel is smoother than the K780 although key travel is similar and feel when typing, too.

Not a fan of the dark grey printing on the keys when the lighting is off though. Makes the keys hard to see in dim light so need to turn on the backlight which... uses more battery. Luckily the charging cable tucks neatly into the monitor arm so quite tidy on that front.

Feels strange having dedicated home/insert/page up/page down etc again :D

16. danoliver1

Mobster

Nice. Do you live opposite to @Malevolence by any chance.:cry:

17. Junglist

Sgarrista

Those are the cheap store bought beans that I give to guests. They just look nice on the shelf but I wouldn't dare drink them myself. All my nice fresh beans are kept in airtight foiled bags. You can just about see the corner of one in the picture

Think of them like a fake plant

Last edited: 15 Oct 2021
  18. Nevakonaza

Soldato

Did it come with the damaged window frame like that? id be wanting some money back!

19. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Only 30 % good relish

20. the shadow

Soldato

You would totally relish it :p