Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Manual HDMI switch. My amp is ancient so no HDMI switching. Using a projector for Sky occasionally, so can just click the button on top to switch output sources now rather than faff with the back of the SkyBox and HDMI leads.

Pics are a bit naff but 2 to 1.

WazgLlRl.jpg

51dL0uUl.jpg

Man of Honour
Just got around to finally building mine up, really nice board!

* GMMK Pro
* Brass Plate (Modded to fit Durock Stabs)
* Durock v2 Stabs with Holee Mod + Krytox 205G0 & Krytox XHT-BDZ
* Kailh Box Crystal Navy Switches
* AkkoGear Wave Keycap Set (226-key) - Double Shot PBT
* KBDfans Stabilizer Foam Stickers
* Glorious Gold Rotary Knob
* Modded Space Bar

TRxkukZ.jpeg
9kSUfsg.jpeg
IRUCw8i.jpeg

Soldato
Out of interest - why are keyboards now so pimped out? I gave up PC gaming back in 2006 (ish), and back then there didn't seem to be anything special about keyboards, they were just a peripheral to press buttons… I’m struggling to think why anyone could be bothered to ‘mod’ a keyboard for any reason; it’s not like it’ll offer any benefit to gaming (the only reason I can fathom to doing it) – or are they specifically for people who type loads and just want a more comfortable button press??

Genuinely interested, and likely to get flamed, considering the type of forum this is :) Also apologies this isn’t a question posted in Hardware – it was more of a fleeting thought I get, when I see these odd keyboards, with hipster cables and such :D

Soldato
New phones for the Mrs and I

uc

Soldato
Out of interest - why are keyboards now so pimped out? I gave up PC gaming back in 2006 (ish), and back then there didn't seem to be anything special about keyboards, they were just a peripheral to press buttons… I’m struggling to think why anyone could be bothered to ‘mod’ a keyboard for any reason; it’s not like it’ll offer any benefit to gaming (the only reason I can fathom to doing it) – or are they specifically for people who type loads and just want a more comfortable button press??

Genuinely interested, and likely to get flamed, considering the type of forum this is :) Also apologies this isn’t a question posted in Hardware – it was more of a fleeting thought I get, when I see these odd keyboards, with hipster cables and such :D

It's just part of the aesthetic of pretty PCs. If your PC is pretty, has a window, is full of RGB everything, why not extend that to the peripherals too? It's the same as people who bling up their cars.

Man of Honour

It's also a great way to get the keyboard you want instead of a cookie cutter board that normally sells in the shops.

The board I've shown above is by far and away better than any board I've ever had including my last one the expensive Ducky Shine 7 which is one of the best retail boards available.

Also it's a therapeutic hobby, like model making, painting etc...

At least for me it wasn't done just solely for the looks, the trying feel is far more important :)

Soldato
To be fair, people tend to stop doing that after they're aged into their 20's and realise it looks daft :p

Some people care about the looks and the bling, some people just care about the functionality. I'm one of the latter (RGB might actually make me slightly angry :D), but I can understand why people want mad RGB on their stuff - it's just what they like, and they are not harming anyone.

Soldato
It's also a great way to get the keyboard you want instead of a cookie cutter board that normally sells in the shops.

The board I've shown above is by far and away better than any board I've ever had including my last one the expensive Ducky Shine 7 which is one of the best retail boards available.

Also it's a therapeutic hobby, like model making, painting etc...

At least for me it wasn't done just solely for the looks, the trying feel is far more important :)

Fair enough, I wasn't aware that keyboards were now such a hot mod, but now I know :)

Back
Top Bottom