Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Tea Drinker
Don
Check you out! I have YouTube and the certified welders at work guiding me :D

What power control have you got, foot or torch. I could never get on with foot.

Immaculately clean your material including the rods.

Grinder disc dust causes contamination.

If it’s cold pre heat the material with a hair dryer. Makes it easier to weld

Interested to know how it goes

Soldato
What power control have you got, foot or torch. I could never get on with foot.

Immaculately clean your material including the rods.

Grinder disc dust causes contamination.

If it’s cold pre heat the material with a hair dryer. Makes it easier to weld

Interested to know how it goes

I’ve got both, I like the foot control, took a while to get used to it though.

Yeah I’ve noticed how much of a difference it makes.

I’ve got a bench grinder out of the way specifically for aluminium now to stop contamination with steel too.

It’s getting there, probably only 4-5 hours of actual TIG welding time, can MIG weld.

0D2a3M5.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don
I’ve got both, I like the foot control, took a while to get used to it though.

Yeah I’ve noticed how much of a difference it makes.

I’ve got a bench grinder out of the way specifically for aluminium now to stop contamination with steel too.

It’s getting there, probably only 4-5 hours of actual TIG welding time, can MIG weld.

0D2a3M5.jpg

Looks good, truth is the underside of its meshed together.

If we wanted something tasty we’d use a piece of angle and g clamps then rest the ceramic on the torch on that. You’ll get a perfect line then and all you need to concentrate on is power, speed and rod.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Upgrade from the old Erisin quad core nav unit to the new Avin 6-core unit and some additional extras (DSP upgrade, i-bus features). Can't wait to swap out the old. New one is near 1:1 to OEM styling too now.

avin-px6_20220517_121423.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sure thing. Keep an eye on the motors forum in my M3 thread for an update over the weekend, likely Sunday! One thing I am looking forward to is being able to use Pushbullet again in the car and now being able to use Netflix/Prime Video as they don't work on Andorid 4.4 which is what is on the old unit.

More RAM and storage also means I can use other more demanding apps that would have memory issues on the old one with only 1GB of RAM. Can also install ClassicBoy and play all old console games with the XBOX 1 gamepad paired via bluetooth as the old unit didn't have bluetooth gamepad profiles :cool:

What a time to be alive.

In other news, ordered a £5 optical cable off Amazon as testing out what I suspect to be USB noise impacting some deep vocals (sound crackle only on voices and only sometimes) in videos going to my DAC which is audible on the speakers. It was going direct from mobo USB to DAC so am trying out Optical out from the mobo into the DAC instead. Sound quality is obviously the exact same (turne doff extra processing and set the same rates in Windows) but so far the vocal noise heard when on USB seems to be gone - Need more testing though as it was only audible on some videos. Easy test for a fiver though and might just keep optical anyway as the cable is more flexible and saves a USB slot from being used. Also I find optical audio cables fascinating to this day.

pc_optical.jpg

Soldato
You probably had an earth loop/noise issue through the cable. The optical connection simply decouples the two components completely other than photons.

Anyway - purchased today: Seago seaguard 300N active. I've borrowed a mate's second lifejacket and although good it's only a 165N so it can't flip me over from face down with a floatation suit in winter.

pqU0yna.png

Back
Top Bottom