Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

nam

nam

Soldato
on offer atm found through hduk site it's a refurb through the dyson official eBay store with 15% and 10% codes working

dyson purifier hot + cool

20220627-120317.jpg

Soldato
@nam - are these things pretty silent? My missus has to sleep with the window open atm, and it bothers me as the road traffic keeps me awake. We’ve tried a fan but that’s even worse. How quiet are these fanless fans? And how much did it actually cost you after your discounts?

Soldato
@nam - are these things pretty silent? My missus has to sleep with the window open atm, and it bothers me as the road traffic keeps me awake. We’ve tried a fan but that’s even worse. How quiet are these fanless fans? And how much did it actually cost you after your discounts?

We have the TP04 and it's not quiet. At night time we have it set to about 5 or 6 and it's tolerable (for us) but 7-10 are pretty loud.

Soldato
Yea, reading a few reviews and they seem quite noisy. Also there’s the cost of running them all night. I think (less) money would be better spent on decent ear plugs for me and continue with the open window.

Will however nip into John Lewis at the weekend and see if I can test any, just in case!

Soldato
Yea, reading a few reviews and they seem quite noisy. Also there’s the cost of running them all night. I think (less) money would be better spent on decent ear plugs for me and continue with the open window.

Will however nip into John Lewis at the weekend and see if I can test any, just in case!
Meaco fans are getting a lot of press at the moment for being high quality and can be set to quiet. They seem to be regarded as better value than Dyson, but I've no experience with either companies for their fans.

Some of the Meaco do crazy amounts of rotation, side/side/up/down

Associate
We have the TP04 and it's not quiet. At night time we have it set to about 5 or 6 and it's tolerable (for us) but 7-10 are pretty loud.
We have an HP04 and anything over 6 is loud, also they don't actually push that much air. Our cheap pedestal fan provides more air movement.

I wouldn't buy another thats for sure, very expensive for what you get.

Soldato

They are not quiet relative to performance. If anything they are worse because to be 'fanless' you need to put a smaller turbine in the base of the thing to circulate air.

Smaller fan = higher pitched noise.

nam

nam

Soldato

pretty silent for me on fan speed 10 relative to a normal standing fan unit. I don't think the airflow in the hot+cool is the same as the cooling only units though. I have just set to auto and let it do its thing

Caporegime

They're not too bad new, but after a few months they sound like jet engines.

Man of Honour
As fans, the Dyson TP models are bloody awful, barely push any air. But for purifying air, they can't be beaten imo. My hayfever symptoms are so much better at night with it on. I had a Phillips one, that was just naff. Did nothing

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I have one of the Meaco fans - the 1056.
Very quiet on lowest settings compared to normal fan. I have it next to my bed so only turn it to 1 or 2.
I have one issue though, the fan beeps every time you press a button on the remote. Setting a timer is annoying, beep beep beep beeep!

Back
Top Bottom