Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Bit of an update.
because of how the staff acted in the shop about her engagement ring, I finally bothered my lazy arse to go to a jeweller to get it valued, pretty good job I did as he said I should have it insured for at least £3500, I nearly fell over, as I only paid $2000au for it almost 6 years ago.

Your wife has great hands :D

Soldato
Your wife has great hands :D

scooby-doo-thats-my-fetish.gif

:eek: :p

Associate
Am I going crazy or have some recent posts disappeared? I’m sure there were posts of an air fryer and another of a blue sofa in a cinema room people were asking for links to. I’m either dreaming it or it’s another thread I can’t find.

Edit: helps when you're on the right forum, t'was on the avforum site, 23rd June. Calia Italia Foxtrot range if anyone interested.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Am I going crazy or have some recent posts disappeared? I’m sure there were posts of an air fryer and another of a blue sofa in a cinema room people were asking for links to. I’m either dreaming it or it’s another thread I can’t find.
If it was a corner sofa then I think they've recently passed legislation banning them.

Bobmunkhouse said:
Did yours work? My 4 and 6 your old just get smashing themselves on the floor knee or arms first....even put washing up liquid on it....

Really issue was with them then item....

Eldest complained about knees hurting, but it does say on the instructions to land on your arms and stomach.

Soldato
Are tyres cheap or expensive at the moment? I paid a grand for 4 in 2016 but that was at the MB dealers. Just got a flat so time to replace all 4 at 6 years of age (and about 6000 miles)!

Well basically (This isn't exactly correct per say but works as a simple condensed explanation).

When car model X goes into production the cars manufacturer will strike up a deal with a tyre manufacturer, the car manufacturer buys a specific tyre from them to install as new from the factory and it will instruct its dealerships to only recommend/install that tyre. In return the tyre manufacturer will agree to produce that tyre for X years, this partnership guarantees additional sales for the tyre manufacturer and guarantees that the vehicle can get it's design spec tyre throughout its warrantied life or longer.

To begin with this means the tyre manufacturer will sell a lot more of tyre X than they normally would, but over time those additional sales will drop off as less and less owners of car X fit the OEM spec tyres and the amount of car X on the road falls, eventually it gets to the point where the demand from owners of car X isn't enough to warrant producing the tyre anymore but the tyre manufacturer still has to produce a certain amount to make production viable. As such they lower the price of the tyres in order to entice owners of other cars to continue buying them, despite it being an older model of tyre.

That's basically why you can still buy Sport Contact 3s (a tyre that launched in 2007) even though the Sport Contact 7 is out now, and why they're cheaper.

Soldato
Well basically (This isn't exactly correct per say but works as a simple condensed explanation).

When car model X goes into production the cars manufacturer will strike up a deal with a tyre manufacturer, the car manufacturer buys a specific tyre from them to install as new from the factory and it will instruct its dealerships to only recommend/install that tyre. In return the tyre manufacturer will agree to produce that tyre for X years, this partnership guarantees additional sales for the tyre manufacturer and guarantees that the vehicle can get it's design spec tyre throughout its warrantied life or longer.

To begin with this means the tyre manufacturer will sell a lot more of tyre X than they normally would, but over time those additional sales will drop off as less and less owners of car X fit the OEM spec tyres and the amount of car X on the road falls, eventually it gets to the point where the demand from owners of car X isn't enough to warrant producing the tyre anymore but the tyre manufacturer still has to produce a certain amount to make production viable. As such they lower the price of the tyres in order to entice owners of other cars to continue buying them, despite it being an older model of tyre.

That's basically why you can still buy Sport Contact 3s (a tyre that launched in 2007) even though the Sport Contact 7 is out now, and why they're cheaper.

What an excellent explanation thank you!

Soldato

Edit: helps when you're on the right forum, t'was on the avforum site, 23rd June. Calia Italia Foxtrot range if anyone interested.

There's an AVForum pics of stuff you have bought thread?

Time to go waste my time on that one too.

Caporegime
After one of our rescue lurcher dogs, Moog, passed away a few weeks ago at the age of 17 and the other rescue lurcher youngster we have is in need of a playmate, we went and reserved this little minx from the local rescue centre yesterday

She is called Poppy and is a 9 week lurcher cross on unknown origins.

Will get better pics when we collect her tomorrow.

(pics make her look bigger than she really is, she is tiny, she can walk under chairs and fills up both of my hands. Suspect she will be whippet size when she grows up)

Last edited:
Caporegime
got myself a charger that is able fast charge two iPads at once while using them. Couple of new cables too.

I have a different model of that charger, same brand, just 2 USB-C ports but 65w too. It charges my iPhone XR from like 20% to 80% in a blink of an eye. What's weird is that some things doesn't work with it, like I have some USB charger docks for my Sony camera and it won't work with this charger. I have to use a PD one and not a GaN one.

Soldato
I have a different model of that charger, same brand, just 2 USB-C ports but 65w too. It charges my iPhone XR from like 20% to 80% in a blink of an eye. What's weird is that some things doesn't work with it, like I have some USB charger docks for my Sony camera and it won't work with this charger. I have to use a PD one and not a GaN one.

PD and GaN are 2 totally different things.

One is a charging standard, the other is materiel that replaces Silicone in chargers for better efficiency.

So yeah, PD GaN chargers are a thing, not mutually exclusive.

It's the handshake between your devices which is the issue. Thanks to the mess that is USB-C and it's many standards.

Back
Top Bottom