Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Lightsaber

T5M3xVS.jpg

I've been interested in getting one of these after seeing a few mentions. Fancy doing a quick review when you've had a chance to get used to it? See if it lives up to the hype?

Soldato
Is there not a chance that someone will just steal that? Looks expensive

If it gets nicked, they replace it free of charge, and there's a lifetime guarantee on that. It indicates to me that they're quite hard to nick. You need to fit it using a little proprietary screwdriver, so I'd imagine that helps.

Soldato

Snap. Thoughts on whether you're going to run wirelessly or wired?

I've briefly Googled that and I'm not entirely sure what it's good for; is it mainly for those that have a really good PC in say the study, but want to use that same PC to play games elsewhere, such as on their living room PC?

Pretty much. My PC is upstairs in the spare room but I'm using it to play games downstairs if the boys are around or whatnot.

Associate
hqI6A2Kh.jpg

Trackday voucher for christmas meant I needed a set of leathers, as I normally wear textiles. Headed down to J&S this morning and came out with leather jacket, trousers and a set of new boots as mine were falling to pieces :( All excellent modelled here by yours truly ;)

Took them for a test ride, and while the boots will definitely take some time to get used to, leathers are comfortable :)

very nice kitt, but I think it might be wasted. any track day I've been on require one piece leathers only, and a gold stamped lid oc.

bullit

Man of Honour
rps20161229_144221_273.jpg

nanoxia_hwmon_2.jpg

After doing some extensive research into quiet PC fans since I already had Corsair Air series which are quiet anyway, I came across the Nanoxia DS 140mm (non PWM). Never heard of the brand before, but QuietPC.com members rate them highly, and they're German. cheaper than anything high end from Corsair and other brands... Good enough for me.

They push good air, and are nearly 10dB quieter than my Corsair Air series 140mm fans. I'm using no sound absorption feet with these and they are so quiet that the whole PC is making less noise than a high end laptop.

6700K @ 4.5GHz at ~26 degrees idle? Yes please!

Consider me now a Nanoxia and Phanteks convert.

Soldato
I've briefly Googled that and I'm not entirely sure what it's good for; is it mainly for those that have a really good PC in say the study, but want to use that same PC to play games elsewhere, such as on their living room PC?

Not necessarily a PC you could do that but main purpose is streaming to a TV :)

Snap. Thoughts on whether you're going to run wirelessly or wired?

I'll let you know once I've tried both :p

Last edited:
Soldato
http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/rps20161229_144221_273.jpg[img]

[img]http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/nanoxia_hwmon_2.jpg[img]

After doing some extensive research into quiet PC fans since I already had Corsair Air series which are quiet anyway, I came across the Nanoxia DS 140mm (non PWM). Never heard of the brand before, but QuietPC.com members rate them highly, and they're German. cheaper than anything high end from Corsair and other brands... Good enough for me.

They push good air, and are nearly 10dB quieter than my Corsair Air series 140mm fans. I'm using no sound absorption feet with these and they are so quiet that the whole PC is making less noise than a high end laptop.

6700K @ 4.5GHz at ~26 degrees idle? Yes please!

Consider me now a Nanoxia and Phanteks convert.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, might have to give these a go - Something OcUK could stock?

e; Although, it seems as if my CPU sits about 25 at idle @ 4.6

Soldato
I was under the impression from reviews that don't even bother with the wireless.

Go wired or go home :p

Yeah depends on the response times I guess, if they're that bad then it'll have to be traditional wired :(

But hey then I can actually make use of those powerline adapters I have lying around ;)

Back
Top Bottom