Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
a new bitey thing arrived in the 233 household this week

19145925_1359888177380925_8292424510769718112_n.jpg

19029479_1354404711262605_6979350569779827603_n.jpg

18952976_1556559157751025_8099107931632007195_n.jpg

18953070_1353847461318330_5732788023998045498_n.jpg

she looks wonderfully cute and innocent,

19029322_1354674331235643_388977802731739447_n.jpg

then this happens.

She's a very special little girl and has a number of issues hence she came to us rather unexpectedly, if I get a chance i'll stick a thread up

Last edited:
Soldato
Few recently purchased items since Sunday. Haven't had a Yankee Candle before and I hear good things about them. Also bought a much needed candle wick cutter and an illuma-lid I thought looked cool on sale.

cppR7HNl.jpg.png

Anyone have any recommendations for Yankee Candles?
My wife is always buy in Yankee Candle but I must admit they make the flat smell really nice... She gets Clean cotton and Wedding day.. what I like is that they are not to strong that they give you headaches its just like a smooth smell if you know what I mean..

Soldato
Few recently purchased items since Sunday. Haven't had a Yankee Candle before and I hear good things about them. Also bought a much needed candle wick cutter and an illuma-lid I thought looked cool on sale.

cppR7HNl.jpg.png

Anyone have any recommendations for Yankee Candles?

Same cutter as mine, it does help in stopping the wick mushrooming, look for village candles which are very similar to Yankees and a little cheaper with two wicks.

Soldato
I didn't buy it to use round the house as I prefer speakers. I bought them for flights, even though I don't fly that often! Just my old pair of noise cancelling headphones are getting old in the tooth, must be 6 or 7 years old now and still headband is a bit tight round my ears. These are more over ear than on ear so much more comfortable.

Noise cancelling wise, it's not 100%. I can still hear people talking but background noise is 99% eliminated, on the plane it removes 95% of all sounds. The other thing that this headphone really shines are it's round pad feature, the ability to play, skip, pause, next, back, volume and even Siri with touching the right side ear cup is like magic. Not to mention if you cup over the ear it plays ambient sound instead into the ear cup, it also can answer phone calls too which is very odd at first.

Sounds quality, it's good, is it better than my HD600 or Momentum? I can't tell you because

1 - I have not tried it though any lossless or uncompressed sources like a CD.
2 - I don't use headphones at home which requires point 1 above.
Do you know if they amplify? For example when I have earphones connected to my mobile I have to have the volume nearly all the way up. Don't suppose you've noticed if they have more volume scope compared to normal earphones?

Soldato
Shame these stupid little flat-nosed mutts are legal. Poor things always have breathing problems.

lovely comment :rolleyes:

if you must know this one came to us rather unexpectedly as she needed a forever home, 4 vets wanted to euthanize her at birth due to her being born with a cleft palate. and no not all frenchies have breathing problems, despite being a brachycephalic breed. yes I agree that many many dogs do have health issues as the demand for Frenchies is insane atm (overtaken labs at the most popular breed in the UK this year) and people are desperate for French bulldog puppies encouraging unscrupoulous backyard breeders.

as a breed they are fantastic companions despite the stigma that is being attached to them these days. I work as a regional coordinator for one of the biggest French bulldog rescues in the UK https://www.phoenixfrenchbulldogrescue.org/ and yes we are swamped with unwanted dogs. people unaware of the potential health issues who don't have insurance breeders desperate to get rid of older dogs and generally people who bought a cute puppy then got fed with her/him when they get up a bit.

anways a bit more about our girl Dochas,

she was born with a cleft palate which 4 vets refused to deal with and suggested euthanizing her.

17796270_1218005748317865_7159100421654880440_n.jpg

she had a tough start in life being tube fed every hour for the first few weeks and sending long times in an incubator, but this little girls a fighter(or biter depending on who you ask)

17426114_1204135453038228_7262153174643543905_n.jpg

this was her at 2 days old

she was fortunate, she came into the care of an experienced puppy nanny where most others wouldn't have taken the time or interest to give her a chance to fight. my other half and I have a wealth of experience with clefts and having followed this little uns progress since the day she was born it just fell into place that she would find a home with us. yes she has a difficult time ahead and will most likely require a surgery to close the cleft off at some point down the line (although it has closed over remarkably over the last few months so far so you never know, I spend every spare moment I can working rehoming Frenchies and educating people on the breed, so please don't think i'm just another idiot buying a flat faced dog that doesn't get it I've spent my entire life working with what I assume you would call proper dogs Deerhounds and Rotties but French bulldogs hold a special place in my heart.

Soldato
Yes it does.

ZoneDirector depends on size of deployment, only needed for large ones now.

Up to 25 and you don't need zd or cloud thanks to unleashed unless you want the advanced features.

Thought it did, been a while since I did my Ruckus Certification course :p

Yeah, unleashed is slowly (last I checked) getting the full features of zd not sure where they'll draw the line I do like unleashed but it's just a PITA for remote management. I think the vsz and cloud will take over from zd completely to be honest and go the same way that it's competitors have such as AeroHive and Aruba.

Caporegime
lovely comment :rolleyes:
so please don't think i'm just another idiot buying a flat faced dog that doesn't get it I've spent my entire life working with what I assume you would call proper dogs Deerhounds and Rotties but French bulldogs hold a special place in my heart.

You're not the idiot. The breeders are and in a very large part those that buy these dogs. It's not a question of 'proper' dogs. It's a question of selective breeding to get certain traits which cause horrendous and cruel health issues for them. Whilst participant was crass - he's right. It's an animal welfare question (obviously something you clearly have at heart!) and it's something that really needs to be tackled.

Soldato
Same cutter as mine, it does help in stopping the wick mushrooming, look for village candles which are very similar to Yankees and a little cheaper with two wicks.

Thanks, I'll have a look. Does having more than 1 wick not shorten the candles burn time? I'd assume it would burn faster, so what benefit do they provide over single? Stronger fragrance?

Associate
My Frenchie is 2 1/2 years old and I've had no issues with him (other than he got stolen) and he has no health issues either.
Granted, he's not loving the heat at the minute but we've got both our dogs (also got a choco lab) coats that you wet before putting them on to keep them cool.

Caporegime
Love Tim Hortons

It's junk. Have no idea (well I do*) why people are so obsessed with it. :p

*its like the old dog that pees on the floor all the time. Awful, but you love it because it's family (or in this case a Canadian institution).

How's the Glasgow one going? I can't see filter coffee going down to well amongst Starbucks and Costa drinkers.

Soldato
It's junk. Have no idea (well I do*) why people are so obsessed with it. :p

*its like the old dog that pees on the floor all the time. Awful, but you love it because it's family (or in this case a Canadian institution).

How's the Glasgow one going? I can't see filter coffee going down to well amongst Starbucks and Costa drinkers.

absolutely packed every time I drive past it

Back
Top Bottom