Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Unlikely they will be changed - you should be able to apply common sense.
I'm not trying to cause trouble but I have to ask, how are we supposed to know when it's okay to break the forum rules? I know the whole reason people say Rainforest is because the mods always turned a blind eye to it, but common sense would dictate that linking to a competitor page displaying items cheaper than OCUK's store like you just did is a bad idea :S

Soldato
I'm not trying to cause trouble but I have to ask, how are we supposed to know when it's okay to break the forum rules? I know the whole reason people say Rainforest is because the mods always turned a blind eye to it, but common sense would dictate that linking to a competitor page displaying items cheaper than OCUK's store like you just did is a bad idea :S
This is probably a better place to ask a question such as this: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/forum-content-discussion.164/

Don

"Rainforest" or "that long river", have not had a "blind eye" turned to it in my time as a mod (and at least a couple of years before that to my knowledge), so no reason for people to be using them.

If you can't apply common sense, then by all means stick rigidly to the rules, and you won't get in trouble.

This is probably a better place to ask a question such as this: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/forum-content-discussion.164/

Indeed.

Soldato
Some wallpaper.

DSC_0673Sml.jpg

Andi.

Commissario
I'd just like to state that my stapler came from Amazon. I can say that because OcUK don't sell staplers. Here's a link to the stapler I bought from Amazon.

It's nothing to do with turning a blind eye and neither is it a recent change to the way Amazon is dealt with here.

That ^^ wallpaper is really good.

Caporegime

ta!

I'd just like to state that my stapler came from Amazon. I can say that because OcUK don't sell staplers. Here's a link to the stapler I bought from Amazon.

It's nothing to do with turning a blind eye and neither is it a recent change to the way Amazon is dealt with here.

That ^^ wallpaper is really good.

But you're still linking to Amazon, who sell computer parts, which is a competitor site?

Commissario
You can discuss, mention, talk about, link to products which OcUK don't sell. If OcUK sold staplers, you couldn't discuss staplers from anyone else but they don't.

Engage common sense here, seriously.

Don
But you're still linking to Amazon, who sell computer parts, which is a competitor site?

I can't believe this is so hard.

Amazon's core business is not computer parts therefore they aren't a direct competitor to OcUK. However linking to computer parts or hinting at them being available at Amazon is prohibited due to them being the core products that OcUK sell.

For those that need examples:
Linking to or mentioning Amazon by name in relation to "Toilet Brushes" - OK (as OcUK don't stock toilet accessories)
Linking to or mentioning "BogsRUs.com" - OK (As not a computer etailer - i.e. not a direct competitor)
Linking to or mentioning "the purple shirt people" - NOT OK (As are a computer retailer and are a direct competitor)
Linking to or mentioning Amazon by name in relation to an "Asus Motherboard" (even if not one that OcUK Stock) - NOT OK (As is one of OcUK's core product categories)
Linking to a manufacturer product page that has it's own online shop (e.g. Crucial Memory or WD Hard Drives) - GENERALLY OK (*although there may be rare exceptions - if in doubt then ask first)

Soldato
Following on from purchasing the oak doors, we paid the joiner to fit today starting with the living room...very happy so far, just not looking forward to oiling!

E8uXFK2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom