Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Why thank you sir, it's AVF Burghley 1250. I like it a lot but takes a fair bit of alignment when putting it together to align the lower doors!
Same stand I have but in a dark oak colour and yes the doors are a right pain to align correctly. So much so that I didn't bother aligning them as it got to the point where I was ready to smash the doors to pieces lol.

Soldato
20170722_153356.jpg

Small Converter box that takes RGB Scart and converts it to HDMI so I can use my old consoles on more modern screens. It claims to upscale etc. I'm no expert but it's doing a pretty good job imo

Why not just use Dolphin?

Associate
Some yum

and a new keyboard

The included Outemus blues feel nice and crisp, but may get some Cherry red or browns in the future as it has hot swappable switches.

Associate
New Microsoft Surface Laptop for the wife. She is a low power user - Facebook, surfing and Office etc.. so got an i5, 4gb Ram and 128gb SSD - to replace a 5 yo Sony Vaio of similar spec, but it had a low res screen and is size of a small suitcase. The Surface Laptop is a perfect spec for her use / needs. We travel a lot, and after 5 years she had filled up 60gb of the 500gb SSD I had put into the Vaio!

I have to say though, for her uses, a great laptop and amazing screen, puts the MacBook to shame. So far very jealous of her!!

iKO2rlD.jpg

Cvv8sRC.jpg

Soldato
Why not just use Dolphin?

Nothing beats original hardware imo. I do like dolphin but last time I tried it it was still hit or miss which games would work perfectly without having to tweak bits and bobs per game.

Also can't use my discs with dolphin, the ps2 emulator allows that though which is pretty impressive imo!

Soldato
Eh, the reason I avoid trying to play old consoles on higher resolution TVs is that the upscaling really makes it look like ass, whereas Dolphin makes it look really good. Worth a few tweaks (just read the wiki page and copy and you're done) for it.

Caporegime
Nothing beats original hardware imo. I do like dolphin but last time I tried it it was still hit or miss which games would work perfectly without having to tweak bits and bobs per game.

have been doing a bit of reading around this area - seems the UK game cubes didn't get 480p titles and they suffer from some of the usual PAL issues

best way to play GC games using hardware AFAIK is to buy the US versions and play using a Wii on a Sony BVM or EDTV at native 480p resolution

Back
Top Bottom