Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Those boots are nice. I have some Timberlands Euro Hiker boots, great but not suitable for everyday use. I want something more substantial than trainers and am torn between Timberland and Clarks.

Which model are those?

Thanks. The ones i had in the 90s were the bigger full size boots (but kids size i guess) These are more fashion but still quite smart - Timberland Killington chukka

Soldato
Jesus christ. That's a lot of sugar!

They're obsessed with it. We went to one of those artisan bakeries when we were in Portland not too long back and were very surprised to see them add a large scoop of sugar into the mix for standard bread. The irony was that we only went there because 'off the shelf' bread was too sweet and ruining the taste of my bacon butties.

Caporegime
They're obsessed with it. We went to one of those artisan bakeries when we were in Portland not too long back and were very surprised to see them add a large scoop of sugar into the mix for standard bread. The irony was that we only went there because 'off the shelf' bread was too sweet and ruining the taste of my bacon butties.

Andnthey wonder why they're all fat...

Soldato
48g of sugar per can compared to 21g of sugar per can over here. What is it with Amerifats and their obsession of putting a **** load of sugar into everything?

Yikes. I didn't realise it was so much higher than that. Guess its a good thing I cant afford to buy those American drinks on a regular basis.

Permabanned
The UK ones already have too much. One thing I miss from Switzerland was the Coca-Cola... it was drinkable and nice tasting. As soon as you go over the border to France or back to UK then the taste is different because of, what I assumed was a, higher sugar content... can’t drink UK version.

Soldato
What's happened to lucozade and iron bru? Lately they taste nothing like ones from about a year ago. I tink they have taken a high amount of sugar out of them and wrecked them.
I hardly ever have sugary drinks like this, 1 a week at the most. When I do have one I at least want it to taste nice and give me that hit of sugar i've been used too. Too many fat barstuards drinking them daily i expect and a 'sugar tax' has been added so have had to be reduced

Soldato
What's happened to lucozade and iron bru? Lately they taste nothing like ones from about a year ago. I tink they have taken a high amount of sugar out of them and wrecked them.
I hardly ever have sugary drinks like this, 1 a week at the most. When I do have one I at least want it to taste nice and give me that hit of sugar i've been used too. Too many fat barstuards drinking them daily i expect and a 'sugar tax' has been added so have had to be reduced

Lucozade was reduced in April from 20g/100ml to 8g/100ml and will be going down to 4g/100ml at some point in 2018.

The high sugar content was the whole damn point of lucozade. Lots of people with health conditions relied on it for it's ability to deliver a quick sugar boost.

Caporegime
Lucozade was reduced in April from 20g/100ml to 8g/100ml and will be going down to 4g/100ml at some point in 2018.

The high sugar content was the whole damn point of lucozade. Lots of people with health conditions relied on it for it's ability to deliver a quick sugar boost.

Whilst it does that, it isn't "medication" and I doubt the product was ever designed and produce with that in mind. It is more beneficial to the general population to have lower sugar than the select few who needs the occasional sugar drink. There are plenty out there that serves the same effect if you want it.

Associate
Whilst it does that, it isn't "medication" and I doubt the product was ever designed and produce with that in mind.

It looks like it was created for that.

"Glucozade" was first manufactured in 1927 by William Owen, a chemist based at Barras Bridge, Newcastle. Owen experimented for several years to provide a source of energy for those who were sick with common illnesses, like the common cold or influenza. It became available throughout Britain for use in hospitals under the name Glucozade. This was changed to Lucozade in 1929, and Beecham's acquired the product in 1938.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucozade

Last edited:
Soldato
Enamel lapel poppy pins for my work suits/coats. Not a fan of the paper ones and i also normally wear a 'white poppy' but they are hard to find. I'll put a few quid for the appeal at work when they get the collection out since these are not from the legion.

23023890_10156136946798072_2135800989_n.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I am interested why you send it to Fixation as opposed to Elstree, being the official Canon centre.

Also, if you have insurance, just claim the repair on it, its what insurance is for.

Good news, E&L accepted the repair cost claim less fixed excess and P&P of course. Good result.

Soldato
They're lovely!

Aren't they?

Smart enough to go on a suit and flashy enough that it will get noticed to remind people that it is that time of year. I work at the head office for a company that is very 'traditional British' in terms of its history and branding. One of our shops are down stairs and our customers tend to be the ones that would get annoyed if our shop assistants were not wearing poppies.

Back
Top Bottom