Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
My first foray into Mac OS, (having been an avid iPad user for years...) The reality for me is as I have got older, my desire to game has waned, to a point where I buy graphics cards for satisfaction of personal PC builds rather than necessarily actual use of the potential the card has... I really only dabble in WOW nowadays, and sporadically.

Having used this M1 mini last night, I am now worried I may not want to build another PC again... it is so small, silent and instantaneous. I have always built the best (being smallest, most powerful and silent) ITX systems I can, and this thing just steps all over them.... and for some reason IOS just feels so much more polished than Windows 10, in my 2+ hours of experience.

Currently running both machines on my widescreen and having fun.
Are you using the same keyboard and mouse for both systems so you have to swap them back and forth or do you now have 2 keyboard and 2 mice?

Soldato
Are you using the same keyboard and mouse for both systems so you have to swap them back and forth or do you now have 2 keyboard and 2 mice?

I use a USB switch for this purpose, it's fantastic solution. Mine is made by UGREEN and can be bought for around £20.

Associate

At the moment 2 keyboards and 2 mice. I wish I had a KVM in my monitor, but no luck. Just playing and seeing how it goes. I suspect I will run both permanently. Tried WOW on the Mini and it is terrible... but have a wide screen LG. simple to switch inputs at least! A hobby is a hobby, both could be the best of both worlds...

Soldato
Finally umming and arrhhing which model and size to get while finding a low price.
Opt for the 55BX from LG.

Certainly an upgrade from the old Panasonic Plasma I purchased 10 years ago!

(Excuse the dangly things, they are the wall mount brackets hook strings)

IMG-20210226-194057.jpg

IMG-20210226-171216.jpg

Which speakers?

OcUK Staff
Glad I ordered in November as it finally arrived today:

CBF18411-9090-40BF-9A52-24C77E76E6A0.jpeg

GR Yaris, people ordering today are looking at May/June 2022 now. :eek:

Very happy with it. :)

Soldato
Finally umming and arrhhing which model and size to get while finding a low price.
Opt for the 55BX from LG.

Certainly an upgrade from the old Panasonic Plasma I purchased 10 years ago!

(Excuse the dangly things, they are the wall mount brackets hook strings)

IMG-20210226-194057.jpg

IMG-20210226-171216.jpg
Surprised you didn't go for the 65" with that viewing distance and room/wall size.

Soldato
Which speakers?

B&W DM602

Surprised you didn't go for the 65" with that viewing distance and room/wall size.

It was a choice of the CX and or the 65"

Budget constraint I picked up the 55BX for £950 which was a good deal and 6 yr warranty.

I was going to use that difference in money for a new AV amp to replace my old one. Had to use the Optical out from the TV and into the amp which is OKAY but the not the same as ARC.

OcUK Staff
I saw the Carwow review and looks like a lot of fun! Wonder what the uninitiated would think seeing a Yaris on your drive with your other cars :D

Well the guy delivering was 15 minutes late, an old lady flagged him down just around the corner from our house to ask him what it was and say how nice it is lol.
It is certainly a favourite amongst the older crowd, I'd not be at all surprised if there has been the odd GR Yaris ordered by an older person not fully realising what it is until they put their foot down. :D

Love these. Quite tempted to put my name down.

Do it, come to office today in it, WOW, it really is a car so far far far apart from anything else on the road under 60-70k, it might be expensive for a Yaris, but reality is its not a Yaris, its a bespoke hand built car by engineers to be a drivers dream and it really is damn impressive, but it also is easy to drive relaxed and the engine for a 3cyl turbocharged unit, well if you had no idea what was under the bonnet you'd probably think it had a 4/5 pot with a twin turbo unit, its very responsive for a turbo unit and though I've not held it to redline yet, the test car pulled eager right to 7000rpm.

I think a lot of people turn their nose up at it, saying over priced Yaris, but the real enthusiast and drivers realise what it is, why it has joined so many Porsche GT and Nissan GTR stables. Next year it could be worth 20-25k if they keep mass producing, but its not an investment, so far I am enjoying it so doubt I will be flipping it even though Litchfield did sell theirs yesterday for 42k, LOL!

Man of Honour
Well the guy delivering was 15 minutes late, an old lady flagged him down just around the corner from our house to ask him what it was and say how nice it is lol.
It is certainly a favourite amongst the older crowd, I'd not be at all surprised if there has been the odd GR Yaris ordered by an older person not fully realising what it is until they put their foot down. :D

Do it, come to office today in it, WOW, it really is a car so far far far apart from anything else on the road under 60-70k, it might be expensive for a Yaris, but reality is its not a Yaris, its a bespoke hand built car by engineers to be a drivers dream and it really is damn impressive, but it also is easy to drive relaxed and the engine for a 3cyl turbocharged unit, well if you had no idea what was under the bonnet you'd probably think it had a 4/5 pot with a twin turbo unit, its very responsive for a turbo unit and though I've not held it to redline yet, the test car pulled eager right to 7000rpm.

I think a lot of people turn their nose up at it, saying over priced Yaris, but the real enthusiast and drivers realise what it is, why it has joined so many Porsche GT and Nissan GTR stables. Next year it could be worth 20-25k if they keep mass producing, but its not an investment, so far I am enjoying it so doubt I will be flipping it even though Litchfield did sell theirs yesterday for 42k, LOL!
I just submitted my details for a dealer to call me back for a test drive (probably won't happen until April I guess). I suspect they may already all be sold (I heard only 25k cars worldwide?) as there isn't actually an option to buy it on the Toyota site unless I'm being a muppet (which is entirely possible).

I do think they will hold their value well long term and it looks a right load of fun. I'm definitely in the market for something like this as I'm swapping my cars around a bit this year when the Evoque lease ends in December. So next year I'll need something but it doesn't have to be a practical family car as we'll have at least one other car for that. So this would work. Predictably my wife dismissed it as an overpriced Yaris :)

I love small, fast, agile cars.

OcUK Staff
I just submitted my details for a dealer to call me back for a test drive (probably won't happen until April I guess). I suspect they may already all be sold (I heard only 25k cars worldwide?) as there isn't actually an option to buy it on the Toyota site unless I'm being a muppet (which is entirely possible).

I do think they will hold their value well long term and it looks a right load of fun. I'm definitely in the market for something like this as I'm swapping my cars around a bit this year when the Evoque lease ends in December. So next year I'll need something but it doesn't have to be a practical family car as we'll have at least one other car for that. So this would work. Predictably my wife dismissed it as an overpriced Yaris :)

I love small, fast, agile cars.

Just checked and your right, Toyota have stopped taking orders. So maybe it is truly limited edition, guess time will tell. The dealer I got mine from has one in stock but they want 36-37k for it and I'd not pay over the odds personally.

Associate
Glad I ordered in November as it finally arrived today:

CBF18411-9090-40BF-9A52-24C77E76E6A0.jpeg

GR Yaris, people ordering today are looking at May/June 2022 now. :eek:

Very happy with it. :)
Very nice! Are they a limited production run? Residuals could be very strong if they are.

I was hearing good things about the Lichfield suspension kit on the Chris Harris podcast. Tempted to modify it or keep it stock?

OcUK Staff
Very nice! Are they a limited production run? Residuals could be very strong if they are.

I was hearing good things about the Lichfield suspension kit on the Chris Harris podcast. Tempted to modify it or keep it stock?

See my thoughts in motors section, but to me the suspension seems really good, a good mix of comfort and sport, happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom