Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

V F

V F

Soldato
I was always amazed how quickly they dropped support for the PSP. It looked like it had a lot of good games. More so the Uncharted version.

Soldato
My main problem with the PSP, also the vita but I never owned one, was that they never did unique games on them. They were mostly just scaled down versions of the games on the PS2/3 and 4. Whereas Nintendo at the time made unique games to the DS

In saying that I did really enjoy playing GTA:LCS on it as well as Burnout Takedown and NFS Carbon. Loco Roco was unique and fun too

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Good news! I've had one like that in my basket for ever, but like you we live in a very hard water area and it ruins anything that comes into contact with water, kettles, showerheads, taps etc. Might take a punt on one then.

Bad news! And I am blaming you for this because jinxed with bringing it up now! Today I went to shower and the mode change button will only switch between 2 modes. I opened it up because I'm a bit of a DIY badass and found the little plastic rocker tab flexes a bit too much so now only cycles the 2 modes as it's meant to rock between little tabs in the head via a spring and 2 glass/ceramic bearings. I guess what's happened is the plastic has become soft over the months of hot water use. If I had a 3D printer I'd print a composite one and replace it so this fault doesn't happen again.

I have instead contacted Amazon livechat and they are refunding me and I am ordering a new one lol.

It's strange because I have the boiler set to 45 degrees for the hot water so it's not really THAT hot but I guess cheap Chinese plastic is cheap Chinese plastic at the end of the day.

Thought I'd follow up :cool:

Soldato
Mobo arrived. Built the PC :cool:

Such a sexy case and mobo have to say.

pc_12thgenbuild_5000D-frontangle.jpg

pc_12thgenbuild_5000D-sideangle.jpg
Holy smokes, that's a stunner of a build. Mind sharing the spec?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Holy smokes, that's a stunner of a build. Mind sharing the spec?

Thanks! I have an anti-sag bracket arriving tomorrow for the GPU so that will be sorted. Pic to follow :p

I changed the red/black ATX power cable to a all white one I had thinking it would match the aesthetics but it's too standy-outy for my liking so gonna put the red/black one back on.

Edit*
Didn't see your edit asking for spec so here it is:

12700KF
32GB 3600MHz
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC
Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X
Arctic Freezer II 280mm
8TB SATA SSD
1TB NVMe SSD
Arctic PST fans all round
Corsair 5000D Airflow case

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Bad news! And I am blaming you for this because jinxed with bringing it up now! Today I went to shower and the mode change button will only switch between 2 modes. I opened it up because I'm a bit of a DIY badass and found the little plastic rocker tab flexes a bit too much so now only cycles the 2 modes as it's meant to rock between little tabs in the head via a spring and 2 glass/ceramic bearings. I guess what's happened is the plastic has become soft over the months of hot water use. If I had a 3D printer I'd print a composite one and replace it so this fault doesn't happen again.

I have instead contacted Amazon livechat and they are refunding me and I am ordering a new one lol.

It's strange because I have the boiler set to 45 degrees for the hot water so it's not really THAT hot but I guess cheap Chinese plastic is cheap Chinese plastic at the end of the day.

Haha, sorry! Glad Amazon came through though.

Soldato
Thanks! I have an anti-sag bracket arriving tomorrow for the GPU so that will be sorted. Pic to follow :p

I changed the red/black ATX power cable to a all white one I had thinking it would match the aesthetics but it's too standy-outy for my liking so gonna put the red/black one back on.

I'm disappointed no-one mentioned that actually, i couldn't tell if it was just my eyes going funny!

Soldato
Is that why they made it for a dual shock, since the buttons are so small on the device itself? :rolleyes:
Small on the dual shock? They seem fine to me, but then I dont have fat sausage fingers

I loved my Go. Granted I only ended up playing Final fantasy 7 and the Gran Turismo that came free with it on the device but it was a great console for how easy it was to fit in the pocket.

Much better than the unwieldy PSP (which I also loved)

I got it to replay Tekken 3. I cant believe how cack PSP games are in comparison to the original PSX titles. Graphics is always valued over gameplay which seems daft to me. Prime example being Flatout head on for PSP comparing it to Destruction Derby 2 on PSX. DD2 looks worse but the gameplay is so much better that you ignore the graphics after a few minutes.

Big bonus of the PSP Go is bluetooth. Connecting DS3, speakers, headphones is easy. Also using the PSP Go cradle to output to TV. With the DS3 this turns it into a console (a console you can fit in your pocket) play audio, video and run multiple other apps on.

My main problem with the PSP, also the vita but I never owned one, was that they never did unique games on them. They were mostly just scaled down versions of the games on the PS2/3 and 4. Whereas Nintendo at the time made unique games to the DS

In saying that I did really enjoy playing GTA:LCS on it as well as Burnout Takedown and NFS Carbon. Loco Roco was unique and fun too

You can play PSX games using the built in Sony emulation. Has worked fantastic for most of the PSX games i've tried.
Do you mean Burnout Legends / Dominator? Takedown was a PS2 title I believe

Associate

Shouldnt your boiler be 60c+ to stop Nastys growing in the water!?

Soldato
I think he means the PSP, the buttons look absolutely tiny.
Buttons are small but perfectly managable. Work well for most games, as does the analogue stick. The stick isnt as good as DS3 obviously but works
There's also a plugin to use the PSP GO analogue stick in PSX games, also tested and works fine

2Jkj13sh.jpg

DdvKCYgh.jpg

Soldato
Buttons are small but perfectly managable. Work well for most games, as does the analogue stick. The stick isnt as good as DS3 obviously but works
There's also a plugin to use the PSP GO analogue stick in PSX games, also tested and works fine

Ah it opens up!

I was looking at the tiny looking D pads on the front of the main unit (just under the Bluetooth blue light!)

Soldato
Hmm interesting, had not thought about that but makes sense. Seems 49 is the minimum recommended for a healthy household but the closer to 60 the better.

I will adjust it now!
Doesn't it depend on whether you have a tank or just mains fed combi? Plastic pipe for DHW isn't rated much above 60°C!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anti-sag installed :cool:

pc_12thgenbuild_ANtiSag.jpg

Doesn't it depend on whether you have a tank or just mains fed combi? Plastic pipe for DHW isn't rated much above 60°C!

It's mains fed combi now but used to be a tank. By default the tap controls were set to 65 degrees which was scolding hot and I almost burns my mouth a bunch of times as I often have hot water lol so out of fury one day just dropped the tap temp setting to 45 which was much better.

Back
Top Bottom