Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
4mm polycarbonate to patch up the greenhouse, didnt come cut as i ordered but very easy cut if scored with a Stanley, definitely warmer in there now for my tender stuff
(house looks weirdly yellow but thats cornish cream, changes in sun!)

IMG-20220114-161824.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Harney & Sons are NYC based so that may be why. They do have an official EU store though so can buy in Euros. I bought this from iherb which is UK based. Not cheap, but it arrived swiftly.

I would definitely recommend Harney's Earl Greys too though. I have yet to taste a better Earl Grey and it was that alone that put the brand into my top 3 list as had never heard of them before Christmas.

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/harney-sons...nilla-lavender-30-sachets-2-67-oz-75-g/106702

I need to restock the Earl Grey in fact so will try the Supreme version this time round, they also do Earl Grey Imperial :D

Kei

Kei

Soldato
I got some Niwaki Pro secateurs for christmas and am very impressed with them, so i'd be interested to hear how you get on with the knife (as i'm looking at the carbon santoku to replace one of my Globals).

This catalogue has the potential for financial ruin..
I also got that catalogue and figured the same. The knife seems great so far. The core is not stainless so it discolours as expected and has to be looked after in order to avoid rusting. The blade is clad in stainless so it's only the bevels that discolour. I will reserve judgement until I see how well it holds it's edge and how easily it is to re-sharpen. Based on the feel vs my other japanese knives, I think it should be pretty good.

Caporegime
Excellent!

No double drop though? That's my fave.

You mean dubbel zout? That stuff is like crack and the best part is I can't think of another person who enjoys it.

Last time she sent me a pack of those I walked around the office at work telling everyone to try some proper Dutch liquorice, I wish I could've recorded some of the reactions :D

Soldato
You mean dubbel zout? That stuff is like crack and the best part is I can't think of another person who enjoys it.
Ah no, called "fruit duos" apparently. I like the strong noxious stuff but I can eat duos all days long.

https://realdutchfood.com/en/candy-.../candy/licorice/red-band-licorice-fruit-duos/

Last time she sent me a pack of those I walked around the office at work telling everyone to try some proper Dutch liquorice, I wish I could've recorded some of the reactions :D

Same, I can take drop around work and get 50 disgusted looks. It's like everyone hates liquorice but it's amazing!

Caporegime
Ah no, called "fruit duos" apparently. I like the strong noxious stuff but I can eat duos all days long.

https://realdutchfood.com/en/candy-.../candy/licorice/red-band-licorice-fruit-duos/

Same, I can take drop around work and get 50 disgusted looks. It's like everyone hates liquorice but it's amazing!

Holy crap, that's triple what I'd pay for a bag :eek:

Here are their prices from a fairly upmarket supermarket (think Waitrose).

https://www.ah.nl/producten/snoep-koek-chips-en-chocolade/drop

Next time I'm in holland I'll try remember to bring some back for you!

Soldato
Caporegime
You're too kind!

Usually girlfriend's parents bring me some for my birthday. Did you see they've closed all the HEMA stores here?

I know, how these people live with themselves is beyond me :mad:

Cannot fault the Aldi/Lidl whiskys. This is really nice and on par with my favourite, Glen Dronach. I am sure it's just a relabelled bottle sometimes.

Probably is, I once found a Waitrose sticker on an Aldi product which raised an eyebrow. Then found out later that I wasn't the only one.

Back
Top Bottom