Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Waiting for the weekend to spend a few hours in the listening zone to celebrate the new pads. be like getting the headphones new all over again :D

With my old settings on the 5900x with a quick OC of 4.6Ghz @ 1.3v it was hitting a max of 80c (CPU Package) with a more CPU intensive game like PUBG. The 3090 was topping out around 75c which was a fine, a few degrees up from normal in a larger case. I'll need to have a look at undervolting etc on the CPU to see what I can do with it rather than just the quick manual clock but I'll do that over the next few days. Quick happy with the initial starting point as I definitely expected that 5900 to heat up in such a small form factor. Spending the extra £15 on the additional mesh panels seems like a wise choice because if the top half of each side was glass it would have been a no go no doubt.

Great job on the new foam pads for the headphones, that's fantastic they still support those after so many years.

I would recommend underletting the 3090 too. The reduced heat generated by the 3090 will have a knock on effect for the CPU too as he AIO won't be soaking up heat from the GPU. You won't lose any frames by undervolting the GPU either but will reduce temps/fan noise in the process so that would ultimately add to reducing system temps too I suppose :cool:

Soldato
51826511407_6a2885a248_b_d.jpg

Soldato
I would recommend underletting the 3090 too. The reduced heat generated by the 3090 will have a knock on effect for the CPU too as he AIO won't be soaking up heat from the GPU. You won't lose any frames by undervolting the GPU either but will reduce temps/fan noise in the process so that would ultimately add to reducing system temps too I suppose :cool:

I've taken your advice with the undervolting and started fairly conservatively at 1800mhz @ 850mv, I'm not terribly confident of the impact given the small space but I'll need to try out a proper gaming session to see the impact. I will say my standard Graphics Score on 3D Mark was way up given the GPU frequency was constant throughout however...no idea why I didn't try this earlier.

Associate
Surface Go 2

Pua6KtVh.jpg

I've been looking at these for a while on eBay as a small cheap machine to get me away from my desktop but with what I was happy to spend, I'd had given up, thinking I'd only get a Surface Go 1 with the naff Pentium Gold chip in.

I don't think the seller knew what they were selling, as it's the core M3, 8GB, 128 SSD version for £299, type cover included and in great condition :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Surface Go 2

Pua6KtVh.jpg

I've been looking at these for a while on eBay as a small cheap machine to get me away from my desktop but with what I was happy to spend, I'd had given up, thinking I'd only get a Surface Go 1 with the naff Pentium Gold chip in.

I don't think the seller knew what they were selling, as it's the core M3, 8GB, 128 SSD version for £299, type cover included and in great condition :)

Think those are the ones the DfE were giving to schools for free so probably one of those to be honest.

My school ended up with about 30 iPad's instead though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That is light bouncing off the sidewalls of the double walled glass mug based on the angle of the photo :D

I do not have things floating in my tea, I am not some amateur!

Also, the first layer of the biscuit tin is almost empty. I have done well so far.

Soldato
That is light bouncing off the sidewalls of the double walled glass mug based on the angle of the photo :D

I do not have things floating in my tea, I am not some amateur!

Also, the first layer of the biscuit tin is almost empty. I have done well so far.

Ahh, the mystery is resolved.

Toodle-pip to dignity - have it with gusto, my good man! A full tin by witching hour will do nicely.

I wonder if there's a subscription service for these treats... Food for thought!

V F

V F

Soldato
A near mint UK first pressing of Abbey Road.

1E8bjiH.jpg

Hmm... Were the 60s and 70s cleaner on the roads/kerbs? Or was it cleaned up for the photo shoot... Hardly any litter, no road patches. Life almost looks so clean back then compared to today.

I assume that is Ringo in black? The guy in white looks like a tall version of Michael J Fox transformed in Teenwolf. :D

Soldato
A near mint UK first pressing of Abbey Road.

1E8bjiH.jpg
I live just off of the road that this picture was taken on, the amount of people that take their picture like that on the crossing is UNBELIEVABLE! I think it is probably the only zebra crossing in London where buses and cars completely ignore it!

It's quite amazing to see all the people from over the world though paying homage to these guys - its a truly incredible and global fanbase for sure.

Soldato
Hmm... Were the 60s and 70s cleaner on the roads/kerbs? Or was it cleaned up for the photo shoot... Hardly any litter, no road patches. Life almost looks so clean back then compared to today.

I assume that is Ringo in black? The guy in white looks like a tall version of Michael J Fox transformed in Teenwolf. :D

Doesn't look too bad now to be fair...
sGvs8Bk.jpg

Associate
I live just off of the road that this picture was taken on, the amount of people that take their picture like that on the crossing is UNBELIEVABLE! I think it is probably the only zebra crossing in London where buses and cars completely ignore it!

It's quite amazing to see all the people from over the world though paying homage to these guys - its a truly incredible and global fanbase for sure.

Tell me you're pretty damn well off without telling me you're pretty damn well off!

Back
Top Bottom